Thread: LG Spectrum VS920 4G

Feedback Score

LG Spectrum VS920 4G

I recently resigned with Verizon Wireless and picked up the Spectrum. I really like the phone, but there is little out here on the internet about customizing the phone other than rooting it. At this point I do not want to root it and void the warranty. But there are some things I would like to change but cannot figure out how. Such as boot sounds and the locked menu (phone, contacts, messaging and Apps). Any information or links are appreciated.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can just give you my experience with Bionic.

Wallpaper: Might as well find something you enjoy looking at. Stock sucks. If you don't already use something from your Gallery, some good Live ones are: Galaxy, Giraffe Live Wallpaper Lite, Grass, Spectrum, Sun Rise (Free), Vortex Galaxy, Water, and Waveform.

Home replacement: Gives you limited flexibility. Eg, I hate horizontal scrolling in app drawer cuz its slower. Launcher pro gives you vertical. It seems abandoned but I still like it.

I trashed everything on home screen except for dock which is nontrashable.

Minimal widgets: I like Fancy Widgets weather, Moon Phase. They work well with some live wallpapers to make a natural scene.

I use the one home screen rather than more. Simpler and faster.

I hate the stock dialer, contacts, etc. It seems each manufacturer has their own stock (color, font variations, etc) and they are irreplaceable. Eg, you can install and use a dialer app (dialer one looks nice) but it then transfers the "call" function to the stock dialer, rendering it useless. So I didn't attempt to replace the other functions. But I see now that Contapps looks nice, but calls still go through the stock dialer.