Thread: How do I port my number out with a suspended account?

Feedback Score

Question How do I port my number out with a suspended account?

I'm looking to leave Mobilicity after they cut my service off last month. My account is suspended, but I would still like to port my number over to my new provider. Do I need to pay off the remaining balance?

Name:  suspended account.JPG
Views: 1942
Size:  39.6 KB

Is the only way of porting my number by spending up the rest of "My Wallet Balance" + remaining $? I don't need an extra month of service. Can I port with a suspended account?

Also, my "Next Due Date" is today (04-15-2012). Will I be billed twice after I pay?

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Mobilicity is pre-paid. So by outstanding balance they mean the amount you owe if you wish to continue your service the next month.

Your my wallet balance you will be unable to get back, from what I have heard.

Feedback Score
    "Due immediatately" is the amount owed for service from March 15 to April 15. it is not for the next month. Mobilicity does not prorate monthlly fees meaning that if you want to use the service any time between March 16 and April 15 (inclusive), they will charge you for the full month, even if it is for only 1 day. In Mobilicity's account information, it does not use the word "due immediately" when refering to amount owed for the upcoming month. That means that payment is past due. As it is prepaid, Mobilicity won't act upon it if you never pay that balance and just let the account close but you are required to pay the full amount if you use the service for any portion of this month that ends today.

When refering to next month's fees, Mobilicity's My Account system has always used wording similar to "due on 04-15-2012 $35.37". It would not say "due immedaitely" until the start of the next day (in this case, the 16th) and only if the payment was not already made.

The My Wallet balance is non-refundable. I honestly do not know if Mobilicity will block the port out if your account is in suspended state. You might as well just top up the $3 and transfer the My Wallet balane to your monthly fee payments to avoid any potential porting problems. Then, make sure you do the port out today before Mobilicity once again puts your account iin suspension tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    "Due immediatately" is the amount owed for service from March 15 to April 15. it is not for the next month. Mobilicity does not prorate monthlly fees meaning that if you want to use the service any time between March 16 and April 15 (inclusive), they will charge you for the full month, even if it is for only 1 day. In Mobilicity's account information, it does not use the word "due immediately" when refering to amount owed for the upcoming month. That means that payment is past due. As it is prepaid, Mobilicity won't act upon it if you never pay that balance and just let the account close but you are required to pay the full amount if you use the service for any portion of this month that ends today.

When refering to next month's fees, Mobilicity's My Account system has always used wording similar to "due on 04-15-2012 $35.37". It would not say "due immedaitely" until the start of the next day (in this case, the 16th) and only if the payment was not already made.

The My Wallet balance is non-refundable. I honestly do not know if Mobilicity will block the port out if your account is in suspended state. You might as well just top up the $3 and transfer the My Wallet balane to your monthly fee payments to avoid any potential porting problems. Then, make sure you do the port out today before Mobilicity once again puts your account iin suspension tomorrow.
    Hey, thanks for the explanation.

I don't have the SIM card form my new provider yet and it takes at least 1 day to port over. I now have to pay the $3 + credit for this previous month which I didn't even use except for the rest of today. Mobilicity's going to suspend me again tomorrow for next month if I don't pre-pay.

I wish they did pro-rating.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I called *611 customer service and the turnout was different.

I ended up spending $10 to reset my billing date to today (it was originally the 24th). Then paid remaining $8.31 MyWallet + $16.69(*tax) credit card payment for another month of service.

Feedback Score
    According to your screenshot, it would appear that your original due date was the 15th (not sure why they told you 24th). If your plan now started up again today, that means that the next payment is now due before the end of the day on the 14th of next month.

That $10 fee is just a one time fee to change your billing date. Changing your billing date didn't really accomplish as much it may first appear as your original objective was to avoid paying for another month. If your schedule permitted today, it would have been to your benefit to just pay the $3 more (instead of $16 more) and completed the porting.

I understand that you may not have had time to go get a sim card but if you did have time to go to a store to get one, it definitely does not take "at least" a day to port over. Number porting rarely takes a full day and is usually done within a couple of hours (sometimes a quickly as 2 minutes). At least you now have a full month to get things done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    According to your screenshot, it would appear that your original due date was the 15th (not sure why they told you 24th). If your plan now started up again today, that means that the next payment is now due before the end of the day on the 14th of next month.

That $10 fee is just a one time fee to change your billing date. Changing your billing date didn't really accomplish as much it may first appear as your original objective was to avoid paying for another month. If your schedule permitted today, it would have been to your benefit to just pay the $3 more (instead of $16 more) and completed the porting.

I understand that you may not have had time to go get a sim card but if you did have time to go to a store to get one, it definitely does not take "at least" a day to port over. Number porting rarely takes a full day and is usually done within a couple of hours (sometimes a quickly as 2 minutes). At least you now have a full month to get things done.
    It used to be that every 24th of every month that I would pay the bill (from the $200 MyWallet credit promo). But for SURE I haven't used the phone for over a month now so they must have cut my service on an earlier due date last month... not the 24th. Weird.

The plan is for my grandfather and he rarely uses it. I'm going with Petro-Canada's pay-as-you-go plan and I ordered the discounted $5 SIM card online so it hasn't arrived yet. It says on their FAQ page that the former account needs to be active for the port to work and additionally it takes 1 day for the port to complete.