Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smartphone recommendations for Page Plus

Feedback Score

Smartphone recommendations for Page Plus

I was wondering what Verizon smartphone would work on page plus, without having to go thru alot of hassle. I have an account and I would like to get a smartphone but not really sure which phone I could get hooked up without alot of hassle.

Thanks.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Any non-4G and non-prepaid Verizon stamped smartphone should activate with little to no trouble.
    With that said, you should read up on data conservation if you plan on using a smartphone on PP.

Feedback Score
    Any good esn postpaid used Verizon smartphone or feature phone just about.

Like the iman said, no 4g or Verizon prepaid. Also, no bad esn phones, no iphones (officially), no Blackberries (officially). But the last two are known to work.

I personally recommend 3G Droid series phones as they are cheap, plentiful and have a minimum of hassles. Iphone users get threatened with having their service cut (unknown if true or not) and Blackberry users get no bis/bes. Android it is.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Any 3G (3G ONLY; without 4G) Android, WinMo, or WebOS smart phone with a clean ESN, that were not Vzw prepaid, are "allowed" and will work 100%. iPhones are NOT "allowed", but currently will work (search the forum for possible MMS issues), although as mentioned above, are subject to the possibility of termination and number loss. Blackerries ARE "allowed", with no BIS, and require loading PPC service books for data and MMS to work.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carrier
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    any 3g phone will work AND 4g phones will work if flashed BUT will only get 3g speed.
    is it worth it to buy a 4g phone? to me...YES....even though it will work 3g the new processors are faster and a much noticeable difference in performance

eventually ppc will unlock 4g but i bet it will be a year before verizon lets that happens due to exclusivity and taking advantage of corporate greed

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Could somebody please explain to me what you do with your phones that benefits from a faster processor? I'm a very basic user, and a faster processor wouldn't help me, but I would like to know what people use their phones for that would be better with a faster processor. Thanks!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me what you do with your phones that benefits from a faster processor? I'm a very basic user, and a faster processor wouldn't help me, but I would like to know what people use their phones for that would be better with a faster processor. Thanks!
    Smartphones are like [added: in some ways] PCs and like PCs they can multitask. So running a movie in the background while checking email or surfing the web is possible, but only if there is enough processor power and RAM.

-->I added "in some ways" because some here would jump all over me about the differences in operating system.

Feedback Score
    When I start PP around 3 months ago, I bought following phone.
    1) Palm Pixi Plus - Amazon less than $45.(brand new, box was sealed) - I use for $12 PP plan.
    2) Samsung Illusion - Amazon less than $190.(unsealed and it was lightly used.) - My wife use for $55 PP plan.

Pixi plus was not bad. However voice through phone was kind a numb even voice was highest level.(not clear as Illusion)
    Illusion is pretty good.. Once a while it just power off itself.(I don't know why. I have find a way upgrade Android OS)

Feedback Score
    I recommend Droid Incredible

Feedback Score
    Ah... One more thing..
    4G, 3G and all smart phone is not about what we need, it is about how much.(price $$$)
    If I don't care about smart phone price then I would rather stick with Verizon.
    No hassle about 4G smart phone(need sim card flashed) and can use 4G speed.

Why bother to buy 4G phone and can't use 4G speed?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius7 View Post
    Why bother to buy 4G phone and can't use 4G speed?
    Generally processor speeds are faster with a 4g phone because it's a newer updated device. Or because many people just like to have the newest greatest thing. I am sure there are many other reasons that have nothing to do with 4g capabilities.

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    Generally processor speeds are faster with a 4g phone because it's a newer updated device. Or because many people just like to have the newest greatest thing. I am sure there are many other reasons that have nothing to do with 4g capabilities.
    Or because "someday" 4G will come to Page Plus and when it does, the 4G owner will be ready for it.

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Droid X works great, if u like big screen. And they are about $100.
    Droid X2's are like Droid X with dual processor's.($125)
    Droid 3 is nice and new. Cost around $200.

Droid 1's are cheap(<$50) and work good.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I just bough a Droid X about 2 weeks ago for $90 on CL, in excellent condition. Very easy to switch over to PP. I called PP customer service, and took about 7 mins, and it was all free.

I really like the phone so far.

Feedback Score
    Droid x , HTC Incredible , Samsung Fascinate

Get a screen protector and at least a TPU case

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast