Thread: straight talk on htc inspire att phone

Feedback Score

straight talk on htc inspire att phone

I have a att inspire unlocked,bought a straight talk sim card. Activated the sim card with my old number. Phone and text works but I have no 3g internet access. I tried deleted old apn settings and put in new ones that straight gave me. But with no luck I still do not have 3g access to the internet. Straight talk says there 3g works without unlocking the phone. I need help please, anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    How long ago did your port go through? Sometimes if takes a few hours before the data begins to work. But likely it is the APN settings. I have iPhone 4S, so am not familiar with the process on android. Try the sticky thread on setting up St android at the top of the forum, or if you can give more info, I am sure that someone will help soon. I do know that many have said they have to use the APN backup and restore (I think that's the name of the app) to backup their APN, create a new one, then delete the original. Otherwise some phones will default back to the original APN. Sorry I can't be more help, but be patient, and I'm sure someone more familiar will be by to help soon.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Most likely you entered the APN settings incorrectly. Double check and try again. The main thing is to delete ALL existing APNs and then create a new one and make sure the APN field is "att.mvno" (without the quotes and note the dot between att and mvno). The rest for MMS is only necessary if you want to use MMS but Data (Web Browsing) will work as long as the APN field is filled and for the APN type, select Internet+MMS or if its an input field, type in "default,mms,supl" (without quotes)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle24ts View Post
    I have a att inspire unlocked,bought a straight talk sim card. Activated the sim card with my old number. Phone and text works but I have no 3g internet access. I tried deleted old apn settings and put in new ones that straight gave me. But with no luck I still do not have 3g access to the internet. Straight talk says there 3g works without unlocking the phone. I need help please, anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know this is a old post, but in case you haven't figured it out yet. The reason it is not working is because your phone is not a 3g phone. It's a 4g. I have one as well. And had the same issues with at&t gophone. IDK how it is with straight talk, but with at&t you have to pay 50 a month for unlimited everything and an addition 25 for a extra gig of data to get a 4g to work. so I recommend just downgrading to a 3g htc. because having a 4g on prepaid is a huge pain in my opinion. lol

Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score

Re: straight talk on htc inspire att phone

Lol someone lacks some knowledge loo.. First the inspire 4g is not true 4g it is HSPA+ and does work well on a ATT ST sim as I'm using one. As the poster above said most likely the apn settings where not entered correctly or they don't have hspa+ avaliable whare they are.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah