Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated to no end

Feedback Score

Frustrated to no end

So, last wednesday I made the decision to purchase a Tablet to add on to my existing Rogers account. The Rogers sore is about a block away from me, but before I went in I figured I would call Rogers to make sure my Plan was capable of Data Sharing. The agent on the phone offered me the following: The Galaxy Tab 10.1 for $99.99, as well as a 50% discount on my value package, and a $5 a month Credit that was only available if I ordered it on the Phone. I worked out that $5 over 36 months was probably worth my waiting a little while to get thing, and stressed that it was absolutely VITAL that I receive the Tablet before this Friday (the 20th of April), as i was going away before that. She assured me that absolutely, I would definatly, 100% have the device in 3-5 Business days. So I figured ok, might as well do it that way then, and placed the order. She informed me that there was no credit limit on my account and as such the device would be billed to me. I got transferred to a verification agent who confirmed everything she said to me, (albeit very, very fast), and I ended the call satisfied (which was the first time I have ever had this happen with Rogers).

Total Time on the phone to date, about an hour.

This is when the difficulty began. The Next day I received a call stating that the $5 credit I had been offered was only available in Quebec and I would not be getting it. I told him that because that $5 discount had specifically been used as an incentive to get me to order over the phone rather then go into the store, that regardless of whether or not I had originally been eligible, I should still be allowed to have it. He told me that was no his job and I would have to contact customer service. (****** Job he has, calling people and telling them they were lied to). I called customer service, was told no, escalated to a manager, and was given the discount with no argument.

Total time on the phone to date, 2.5 hours, give or take.

The NEXT day, I logged into rogers.com to see if my bill had been posted yet. It hadn't, but there was suddenly a new $300 credit limit on my account. I contacted customer service, they told me it had been added when I activated the second line (I had been assured it would not have been at the time of order), and that there was nothing they could do. They transferred me to accounts receivable to discuss it with them. I spoke to a very friendly lady in AR who told me she wished she could help, but she had no control over that. She did inform me that despite my current balance being $0, as soon as my next bill came out, I would be over the $300 credit limit, due to the cos of the tablet. She transferred me back to customer service, where I escalated to a manager, was told not only was a credit limit added, but a $200 deposit should have been requested (yeah, my credit is not great, we all do dumb things when we are young). This had never occured. I argued with them for about an hour, until I asked for the contact info for the office of the president. She put me on hold and then came back to tell me she had removed the credit limit.

Total Time on the phone to date, 5 hours and change.

Saturday was very pleasant. I went outside.

Sunday I get an email that says "Status of your order" and contains no information other then "you ordered a tablet". I call them to see if this means it has shipped. I am told no, I is still processing. This seems odd to me, as it is 2012, not 1982, and an order should process instantly. She gives me no useful information and keeps telling me I will have it in three to five business days (It has already BEEN 3, and they haven't even sent it out yet). I escalate to a manager AGAIN once she tries to blame it on the holiday that occurred two days before I even ordered the item. This manager informs me that they can in no way guarantee I will receive in in 3 to 5 business days, and that I will just have to wait. I point out I would not have been told that I would never have ordered it over the phone, but gone into the store instead. She talked to me like I was a 4 year old unhappy about it only being December 23rd and told me I must wait patiently, after condescendingly explaining what a "business day" meant. I swore at her, hung up, and filed a complaint with the office of the president online. Website says someone will contact me within 48 hours. (DId I mention time was of the essence here yet).

Total time on phone to date. 7 hours. Maybe 6:55 if I'm being generous.

Monday I call in again, to see if maybe it has been shipped yet. The agent informs me that yes, it has shipped! Hurrah. Somehow he still decides he should explain to me what a business day is. Gives me what he tells me is a UPS tracking number. I hang up, go to UPS's website. "This is not a valid tracking number". I call back. Agent says, "No it hasn't shipped, I don't know what that other guy was talking about. Still processing". I escalate to a manager again. (time #4). He tells me I have already been TOLD the item is on backorder, I received an email Sunday (referring to the order status email, which said nothing about backorder,or shipping dates, or anything. Just "you ordered this tablet"). He basically called me a liar for claiming the email didn't say it was backordered (I still have it, and if I ever meet him will print it out and staple it to his forehead). At this point, I suggested since I have been through the ringer so many times, they should probably give me a different tablet at the price point of the tab 10.1. He refused, and that was that. On the way home from work I stopped into the Rogers store to see if they could help. They tried very hard and were very nice, but they could not cancel the existing order (due to the now week long magic of "processing"), nor could they activate a different one without a $200 deposit, which I wasn't about to pay.

Total Time on Phone 8+hours, Plus an hour n the store.

TODAY I receive an email telling me the device is back ordered (you know, the one I was accused of being a liar for not receiving), it is dated today, and all the information is as of today. Also the product has been removed from the Rogers website. I just spoke to a very helpful customer service agent, who I greatly appreciate, who unfortunately couldn't give me any info at all.

I should also point out that the 48 hours in which the office of the President was meant to contact me have passed, and I have heard nothing, also I can not follow the process outlined on the website and go to the ombudsman, as I have no name of who I contacted in the office of the president.

So Dear Internet. What do I do?

Cancelling service is not an option, because I just renewed my phone contract in January, and have no interest in extortionate early termination fees.

Feedback Score
    The only thing I can say is Good Luck.

Sent from Bell LG Optimus LTE Running on Bell's LTE Network

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure if I had good luck I would be posting this from my sweet new tablet that they forgot to bill me for.

But the sentiment is appreciated.

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    Refuse the delivery, renew your wireless term without hardware and port out with a $12.50 SDF.

Or you could wait for someone from Rogers Social Media team who will offer their assistance.

Feedback Score
    Nah, I renewed my term on my phone a few months ago with a new phone. This was an activation of a second line on my account.

Refusing delivery will just result in me being back to ground zero.

Feedback Score
    Step 1, call retentions explain to them the situation, your frustration and grievance and ask them if you can get some kind of override since you were put through such an ordeal, advice them that the issue is being escalated to OOP and that if you can get it in store it should solve the issue. If they say yes get a reference number. Hopefully you have had your account for some time and pay your bill in full each month, it'll help your case.

Step 2, find and go to a retail store that has the unit in stock (most places are OOS) explain the situation and advice them of the issue and that retention gave you an override. At this point they should be able to activate the device with no deposit and you just pay the device in store. If the deposit still comes up, call retention from the store and give them the reference number from Step 1 and have it all sorted out. Ideally you should walk out with the device in hand.

Step 3, get your order number, it should start with N then numbers (Nxxxx). Call sales/customer service and tell them you want the order cancelled, if they say they cant do it just refuse the device at the door.

The device has been back ordered for a few weeks now and is probably close to being discontinued since the LTE 8.9 came out. You probably wont have it by the 20th.
    Opinions and comments are that of my own and do that reflect that of any organization.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hello chanlonx,

I have just sent you a private message requesting some personal info. If you could reply to me at your earliest opportunity I can make arrangements to have Office of the President contact you to see how we can resolve this.

Thanks,
    RogersAndrewNP

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Andrew man, why does OOP always have to get involved. Why can't regular CSR's fix issues?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Andrew man, why does OOP always have to get involved. Why can't regular CSR's fix issues?
    +1..........
    Bye Bye Rogers - bitter sweet after 20 years!

Feedback Score
    I'm not Andrew but I doubt he will reply. Rogers does not empower their CSRs :-/

They are not trained in dealing with credit issues or retaining. They just transfer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chanlonx View Post
    Nah, I renewed my term on my phone a few months ago with a new phone. This was an activation of a second line on my account.

Refusing delivery will just result in me being back to ground zero.
    If you renewed before January 24 and renew again then you would fall under the new cancellation policy. If you do not take an Economic Inducement (hardware subsidy) and are able to get a CSR to renew your term again then it would void your ECF/DECF. By not taking new hardware you would be only responsible for the $12.50 SDF... There are several threads discussing this in the main forum. As far as refusing the delivery I would only do this once you secure a Samsung 10.1 Tab from a store. Obviously if it were to arrive there would be no need to go into a store.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    If you renewed before January 24 and renew again then you would fall under the new cancellation policy. If you do not take an Economic Inducement (hardware subsidy) and are able to get a CSR to renew your term again then it would void your ECF/DECF. By not taking new hardware you would be only responsible for the $12.50 SDF... There are several threads discussing this in the main forum. As far as refusing the delivery I would only do this once you secure a Samsung 10.1 Tab from a store. Obviously if it were to arrive there would be no need to go into a store.
    Legally, yes, but it seems Rogers is trying very hard to ignore that part of their contract, TOS and the law. Even OOP apparently is trying to impose fees from the old contract.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Welp.

I responded to Andrews message with the information requested.

Day 4 with no contact from Office Of The President Continues.

Feedback Score
    Because Rogers does not allow them to think outside the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Because Rogers does not allow them to think outside the box.
    A lot of CSR's are not capable of thinking outside the box...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast