Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frustrated to no end

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    A lot of CSR's are not capable of thinking outside the box...
    oh really and you base this on what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    A lot of CSR's are not capable of thinking outside the box...
    You sir are an ignorant person. CSR's have the hardest job especially in dealing with the immoral practices of the company they work for. They are forced to do things they know is not right for the customer. All calls are audited and if something doesn't benefit Robbers the CSR gets a notice.

So give the CSR's a break and lessons learned in my life to the OP is to vote with my wallet.... Go ahead Robbers, close more video stores...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [V] View Post
    You sir are an ignorant person. CSR's have the hardest job especially in dealing with the immoral practices of the company they work for. They are forced to do things they know is not right for the customer. All calls are audited and if something doesn't benefit Robbers the CSR gets a notice.

So give the CSR's a break and lessons learned in my life to the OP is to vote with my wallet.... Go ahead Robbers, close more video stores...
    You are right, it is a very tough job and a company like Rogers can make it even more difficult. But DH wasn't wrong either. They want people that will read the script and not stray from the script. Critical thinking skills are not a sought after trait in many call centres, especially ones like Rogers. You will never get a job at a Rogers call centre by showing off an ability for 'thinking outside of the box'. So, given that is something they explicitly try to exclude, it is not wrong to think that many CSR's meet the criteria. If one intentionally tries to exclude the best and the brightest, chances are you will end up staffed that way. Some CSR's are great, intelligent and caring and I am not trying to stereotype them as a bunch of tards, but it is what it is. Some of them even get off on playing the henchman.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    @ceredon, I see your point and agree with it.

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [V] View Post

I can see how the statement I made may have been ignorant and insulting to anyone who currently works as a CSR. I have been a CSR myself. The majority of those I worked with had barely any clue what they were doing and were not capable of "thinking outside the box" to come up with a solution. Some had multiple escalations. I find myself suggesting solutions whenever I call in myself. While there are a handful of good CSRs there are a lot more who need to work in their people and critical thinking skills. Take a look at the posts on Arise home agents.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Andrew man, why does OOP always have to get involved. Why can't regular CSR's fix issues?
    Often times it comes down to the OOP having the time to properly research everything, and using their contacts within the company to get the proper information, which is something a regular CSR would either not have the time, or the know-how to do, as dealings like this would be extremely rare at their level.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    Often times it comes down to the OOP having the time to properly research everything, and using their contacts within the company to get the proper information, which is something a regular CSR would either not have the time, or the know-how to do, as dealings like this would be extremely rare at their level.
    This, pretty much. Sorting out a situation like this takes time, which when you're expected to resolve the issue in a matter of minutes while dealing with a potentially irate (and in many cases, with good cause) customer. Fragmenting the problem over multiple calls generally only compounds whatever is wrong.

Saying call centres actively encourage people to not think outside the box isn't accurate. It's more an unfortunate side effect of the drive to take care of as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Hopefully OOP fixed the problem.

Feedback Score
    I finally quit with rogers, but they told me over $500 in cancellation fees. I told them no you guys made a deal with CCTS that I could cancel without fees. The rep didn't care and wouldn't even let me talk to the manager. Also I found out they put me on a contract 1 year for the $10 iPad share data plan now($15 one i where there's a contract), meaning more fees! So I contacted the CCTS right away, and have them deal with it. I'm done with rogers and happy with Wind.
    Freedom Mobile: Smartphone 50 + $10 Double Your Data (10gb x 2 = 20gb) = $60 + TAX

Feedback Score
    I already contacted the CCTS. Just letting you guys know what happend! Like I said in the above post. Also wondering if there's any way to fix this asap because CCTS takes a while and the bills below will rack up -----v

Anyways :
    On May 30th I tried to cancel with Rogers but they told me 30 days notice. Fair enough as I knew that was gonna happen(Heard CCTS can fix that). They promised no cancellation fees in the past (Told the rep if you give charge cancellation fees that I aint gonna pay bc I was promised no cancellation fees) but yet I got charged still and what's even more worst is that they already gave me the cancellation fees on my May bill. They cancelled my data on May 30th and I used a bit on May 31 and more afterwards -.-. So I got charged even more. I thought I had 30 days? Don't they have to wait till the 30 days notice is done then they can cancel and charge me the fee? Maybe I can use this to my advantage before the CCTS gets involved. BTW as of now I have no data plan and will get charged on every data I used.

Here's what really ticks me off, I had the $10 shared data - No contract one but yet I had a contract the whole time and got charged $100 for cancelling LIKE WTF!?

In the end I got charged over $700 in cancellation fees.

UPDATE!!! : I called Rogers once again (Retention) and they told me tough luck on the iPad share data with the 1 year contract I didnt know about. Also they are telling me my account is frozen and they can't add the missing data plan. Useless if I don't have data on a smartphone! Then she tells me no way of getting the data plan back -.- Promotional offer. You can pick one of the others after the account is unfrozen within 30day when its frozen. Then she hangs ups on me. WHY I AM PAYING 30 DAYS FOR THE NOTICE IF THEY MESSED UP!

Here are my iPad data and phone bills of May.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 2.28.31 AM.png
Views: 162
Size:  152.1 KBName:  Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 2.28.07 AM.png
Views: 161
Size:  47.3 KB
    Last edited by emann56; 06-04-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I realize I'm a couple months out....so any developments on this?

My comment isn't really tied to this instance, but to this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Andrew man, why does OOP always have to get involved. Why can't regular CSR's fix issues?
    I certainly agree that OOP doesn't 'always' have to get involved, but I think given the exceptional nature of OP's experience, Andrew is feeling that no further dickin' around is necessary, and someone 'at the top' should get to the bottom of the incident and fix it post-haste.

Of course, given the several horror stories from OOP staff, including YOUR not to great initial encounter (till you got a second person who helped you out? I forget the details when you posted about it), I'm wondering if the 'awe' of having the OOP *help* you out is far far outplayed and not exactly as anticipated. Have they improved of late?
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2