Thread: Returned phone for refund and now carrier trying to say it is damaged

Feedback Score

Returned phone for refund and now carrier trying to say it is damaged

I returned two iphone 4s' to Cspire Wireless for a refund because I was not happy with the service. I returned the phones within 8 days of activation. I paid cash for both when I originally purchased them. I went to the store and returned both phones with all the original packaging and everything. The person at the store inspected the equipment and then refunded my money to me in cash just like I paid for them. Now Cspire has contacted me stating that one of the iphones is damaged and I will have to pay full price for the phone. The phone was NOT damaged when I returned it. The person that accepted my return and gave me back my money found no damage with the phone, but NOW there is damage with the phone. They are trying to charge me $699.00 for the phone. Is this possible?? Can they really do this? I did not damage the phone. I have no idea what they did to the phone after they took it back and I left the store. I am so furious with Cspire!

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    You have your refund. Tell them to pound sand.
    Visit www.phonecheap.net for low calling call rates foreign and domestic.

Feedback Score
    I hope it just goes away. I guess I am just worried about them trying to sue me or something. I am definitely NOT paying for the phone. The phone was returned in good condition by me and they accepted the phone for return and refunded my money to me. I don't understand how they can think they can do this.

Feedback Score
    Did they specify the nature of the damage?

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Save the receipt but you returned them and they weren't damaged when you returned them so it sounds like they are just trying to get fees out of you.
    Running too many phones

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This might have some bearing on the situation:

Returning/Exchanging Equipment:
    You may return or exchange your device or accessory once within 14 days of purchase. All device exchanges will be subject to a Restocking Fee of $15 or $35, dependent on device type, due at the time of exchange. Devices with more than 1,000 minutes of usage will not be accepted for return or exchange. Refurbished devices or devices purchased without a service agreement may be exchanged, but will not be accepted for return. Any device may be returned within 30 days of activating service if you deactivate service with C Spire Wireless.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Cellular south is super shady, I gladly paid the ETF's to the tune of $7xx to rid myself of their unscrupulous practices. I'd contact the manager of the store and find out what the nature of the damage is. Their CSR accepted the phones and tendered a refund, I would think that itself says the phones were not damaged at receipt.