Thread: ICS Update --- ATTENTION PC MOBILE UMB users

Feedback Score

ICS Update --- ATTENTION PC MOBILE UMB users

I have been using this phone with PC Mobile for more than a year with no problems. I use the APN settings for proxy.bell.ca.

This morning, I got notification of the update to ICS 4.04 for my Nexus S. I did the update and now have lost my internet connection with this phone. I put the SIM into non-ICS phone and it works fine.

Can anyone tell me what changes to make to the APN to get this working again?

Is there a way to downgrade from ICS 4.04 back to the original firmware?

Thanks.

Phones
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    LG L3
    Nokia 2855i
    Carrier
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did the update this morning, but using my Fido account. When I tried using the PC Mobile SIM (and proxy.bell.ca), data worked fine. I just checked again now and it's still working.

Feedback Score
    Ian:

Mine is now working. I found out the users who went through proxy servers with TMobile and with Bell (in Canada) had the same issue as did I. The APN's were modified due to new options added within the ICS 4.03 and 4.04 versions. The solution is easy. Delete the APN, reboot the phone and then go back into settings/APN and re-enter the proxy.bell.ca information. Works like a charm once again.

I was kinda hoping for LTE but I guess you can't have everything. LOL. My other phones haven't taken the update, yet. They are all working well.