Thread: 3 more Android phones coming to Straight Talk?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

3 more Android phones coming to Straight Talk?

Source: http://wontek.com/news/3-more-Androi...-Straight-Talk

On the horizon another 3 more Android phones to come to Straight Talk all of these phones that could be on the shelves before July are going to be hard to beat. I predict that these phones will be around the $100 mark and they could be even less.

The Androids: ZTE 990G Merrit,Huawei M865C and Samsung S720C.
    http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/st...-talk/ZTE-990G
    http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/st...k/Huawei-M865C
    http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/Tr.../Samsung-S720C

Phones
    Nexus 4 / Z Ultra
    Nexus 4
    Z Ultra
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Wanna bet they all run on Sprint? Nice to see they're freshening up the lineup. Amazing how fast this industry evolves.

Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    The ZTE Android is the Avail. The Huawei is cheap enough that it could be on Verizon, and the fact that VZ will introduce a $80 smartphone with 1GB of data included may pave the way for VZ Androids on Straight Talk,
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Looks to be more than 3 Android phones to be added. The Alcatel phone is the Venture now out on Virgin Mobile USA

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately it's hard to get excited about ST's own branded Android phones. They might be cheap but there are plenty of GSM Android phones that are just as cheap. You're locked in to ST's service, which defeats the purpose of being off contract because you can't activate these phones on any other carrier, not even ST's partner Net10. And you're on the crappy slow Sprint network instead of crappy (but fast) T-Mobile or the more wide-ranging AT&T network.

But hey I'm not one to shoot the messenger. Just wondering if there's anyone who would actually benefit from one of these phones or if it's always a better idea to get a GSM phone and just buy a sim.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caturday View Post
    Unfortunately it's hard to get excited about ST's own branded Android phones. They might be cheap but there are plenty of GSM Android phones that are just as cheap. You're locked in to ST's service, which defeats the purpose of being off contract because you can't activate these phones on any other carrier, not even ST's partner Net10. And you're on the crappy slow Sprint network instead of crappy (but fast) T-Mobile or the more wide-ranging AT&T network.

But hey I'm not one to shoot the messenger. Just wondering if there's anyone who would actually benefit from one of these phones or if it's always a better idea to get a GSM phone and just buy a sim.
    While most of us on HoFo would probably fit best in a GSM BYOD device, you have to remember how very many subscribers ST has. A huge contingent would much rather walk into a Walmart and buy a phone that is ready to use than to try to buy a new or usedhone elsewhere and order sim online then have to change APN settings. For me, I'm definitely one that would get the bang for my buck. But for a great number, the simple answer for their first smartphone is still something that a huge number of people will take advantage of. Otherwise, they wouldn't be selling them.