Thread: How? US Cellular "My Contacts" to Tracfone Samsung R455C

Feedback Score

How? US Cellular "My Contacts" to Tracfone Samsung R455C

My contacts are online at US Cellular in its "My Contacts Backup" section. One can print the data out, but it is impossible to export it to my laptop. Anyone have any ideas on how to transfer the contacts from either (1) US Cellular "My Contacts Backup" online, or from a US Cellular Motorola W385? Bluetooth lets me see folders, so I've transferred photos from W385 to Mac laptop. I can't view the ringtones and contacts; the folders are there, but they appear empty. BitPim can't recognize the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried posting this in the regular US Cellular forum? Maybe they have experience with this.

Since the contact info is in your US Cellular online account, can you download it to your pc, then bluetooth or USB it from there to the R455c. For USB transfer you usually need a microSD card installed.

Just a suggestion.

Feedback Score
    You need the assistance of third-party transfer software. Do a search for obex file transfer mac. This type of program will usually handle things better than the lame stuff that comes with a computer.

Feedback Score
    Downloading from USC was impossible. With the obex mac file-transfer program, how does one know the order of the data fields for this Tracfone device, as compared to the Motorola USC one? I've begun manual entry, but I sure hope I don't have to do them all this way.