Thread: Free CDMA Phone For iDEN customers OR Boost will do a buy back/credit

Phones
    Moto i1
    Moto i1, Moto Q 9C, LG Fusic, A900 (blah)
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Free CDMA Phone For iDEN customers OR Boost will do a buy back/credit

I think I am the first player in the official Boost phone lottery game where everyone is a winner!

So today I worked my way through the phone maze at Boost and spoke with a CSR. Told him that in the last couple days I was having service issues with my i1 phone and I asked if this was related to the removal of some towers in my area. He then asked for my zip code and put me on hold. He came back and said you are near Seattle? I said I am south of Seattle...(by almost 35 miles). Here is what he told me. That they have turned off some towers and "combined" those with other towers in my area and that it would "improve" service. I simply said... if you turn off some towers and combine those with others towers what if the tower you turned off was near me and now I have poor service? He put me on hold again. He then told me that Boost was starting a buy back program for iDEN phone users. He asked me what phone I had and I told him I had the i1 I was put on hold again. He came back and told me that Boost would buy that phone back from me for $33.00 I told him that's about what I paid in sales tax for that phone! He then offered me a free (refurbished) CDMA phone. I asked what phone it was and he didn't know. I asked will it be a smartphone or Android phone to replace the one I have now? He said he didn't know. All he knew was he was able to offer me another phone. I was under no obligation to send back my old phone or use the one they sent me. They are doing this for people that can't or won't pay for a CDMA phone.

So I said sure send me one... what the heck. He also did mention that it might be possible to take a credit for the value of your used phone to be applied toward future service (think I might make that call on another day and see what I can get in the way of any credits). I have told you guys everything I know, I am now just waiting for my "new" phone to show up next week and see what they are sending out in the new phone lottery program

Phones
    Motorola M800 Portable Phone
    Sprint Sanyo SCP-7050
    Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow $33, used i1's are $150 on eBay.
    I'm a weird bird. My unlimited unthrottled AT&T LTE iPad SIM sits inside a smartphone that can't make calls. I carry one of a variety of prepaid dumbphones with me linked to a single number with Google Voice.

Feedback Score

Hi, please let me know what phone you got

Hi, I have the same phone the i1 and i live in fort lauderdale fl and today i turned on my phone and didnt work so i called boost also and they told me about the towers and that they would send me out a cdma phone and i expressed to the rep that i just got the phone 15 months ago and paid $249.00 and to please not sent me out the cheapest phone they have and she adv me that i would get a phone comperable to the phone i have now. So just wondering what phone you got from them to replace your i1 phone? please let me know and ty in advance for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
    I think I am the first player in the official Boost phone lottery game where everyone is a winner!

So today I worked my way through the phone maze at Boost and spoke with a CSR. Told him that in the last couple days I was having service issues with my i1 phone and I asked if this was related to the removal of some towers in my area. He then asked for my zip code and put me on hold. He came back and said you are near Seattle? I said I am south of Seattle...(by almost 35 miles). Here is what he told me. That they have turned off some towers and "combined" those with other towers in my area and that it would "improve" service. I simply said... if you turn off some towers and combine those with others towers what if the tower you turned off was near me and now I have poor service? He put me on hold again. He then told me that Boost was starting a buy back program for iDEN phone users. He asked me what phone I had and I told him I had the i1 I was put on hold again. He came back and told me that Boost would buy that phone back from me for $33.00 I told him that's about what I paid in sales tax for that phone! He then offered me a free (refurbished) CDMA phone. I asked what phone it was and he didn't know. I asked will it be a smartphone or Android phone to replace the one I have now? He said he didn't know. All he knew was he was able to offer me another phone. I was under no obligation to send back my old phone or use the one they sent me. They are doing this for people that can't or won't pay for a CDMA phone.

So I said sure send me one... what the heck. He also did mention that it might be possible to take a credit for the value of your used phone to be applied toward future service (think I might make that call on another day and see what I can get in the way of any credits). I have told you guys everything I know, I am now just waiting for my "new" phone to show up next week and see what they are sending out in the new phone lottery program

Phones
    Moto i1
    Moto i1, Moto Q 9C, LG Fusic, A900 (blah)
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you really want to know what phone they sent me...LOL... While I also told them I had an i1 and I am sure they could verify this by the ESN they have on file for it... I was sent a refurbished Sanyo Juno (whew was I lucky it was purple and not the pink one!!)

Point is Boost doesn't give a crap that you dropped $250 on a brick. I would have been happier with three months of free service instead of this $20 POS. It has no value other than a back-up phone and I already have a Motorola Rambler from when I switched back to iDEN.

So I wouldn't plan on ANYTHING comparable to the phone you have now. Why they can't seem to find almost any "smart" phone to replace it with is beyond me.