Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4/4s Sprint/Verizon models

Feedback Score

iPhone 4/4s Sprint/Verizon models

I'm looking to get an iphone 4/4s on straight talk and was wondering if an unlocked sprint or verizon iphone would work. If im not mistaken these iphones are able to use all radio bands. So it should work with straight talk att towers? Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    only the Iphone that is on AT&T will work with straight talk byod sim cards. the sprint /verizon iphones will not work as those two are cdma and do not have/use sim cards.

Feedback Score
    oh okay. i thought apple used 1 iphone for all carriers i assumed the sprint/verizon models also had the sim slot for international use.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymanjp View Post
    oh okay. i thought apple used 1 iphone for all carriers i assumed the sprint/verizon models also had the sim slot for international use.
    The Verizon and Sprint iPhone's can use sim cards, but they must be unlocked first. Verizon and Sprint will unlock for free if your account is in good standing.
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both the Sprint and the Verizon iPhones have the radios but the firmware blocks the use of domestic GSM. The unlock portion works on the international side only.

On the flip side, the factory unlocked iPhones do not work on the CDMA side because their MEIDS are not in the respective carrier's database. It sucks that the carriers prevent the use of one phone on all three.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help guys. So would a jailbroken sprint/verizon iphone be able to be unlocked and then get working with straight talk. Just trying to figure out which iphone to buy since those models seem to be cheaper then the att ones.

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Verizon/Spring iphone4 will not work in StraightTalk. But iphone 4s can work if you can unlock them using either GeveySim or the new software unlock method (http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mischief View Post
    The Verizon and Sprint iPhone's can use sim cards, but they must be unlocked first. Verizon and Sprint will unlock for free if your account is in good standing.
    They factory unlock only for international use. Even if they unlcok we cannot be able to use it in USA. We must be using a gevey/software unlock to use in GSM networks in USA.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afsalva View Post
    Verizon/Spring iphone4 will not work in StraightTalk. But iphone 4s can work if you can unlock them using either GeveySim or the new software unlock method (http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501).

They factory unlock only for international use. Even if they unlcok we cannot be able to use it in USA. We must be using a gevey/software unlock to use in GSM networks in USA.
    You can use the straight talk AT&T sim without unlocking or even jailbreaking your iPhone.

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airforcekid View Post
    You can use the straight talk AT&T sim without unlocking or even jailbreaking your iPhone.
    Not possible on Verizon/Sprint iPhones. If you have AT&T iphone, it is possible.

Feedback Score
    @bunnymanjp: Better heed to what people are telling you: Get the AT&T version!

Even if you unlock the Verizon and Sprint you will not be able to use ST because the built-in GPS will tell the SMARTphone that it's in the USA, blocking any sim GSM domestic services!

Only way around this will become more technical (manually changing radio frequency) or getting an authentic gevey sim ($70+).

Now if you get the AT&T version you simply put in the ST sim and you'll be able to make calls, texts, and get on the internet after a few EASY steps.
    Sending and receiving MMS needs a jailbroken iPhone and a few additional steps.

OK?

Feedback Score
    thanks for the help. yea att model is the one im going for. less hassle.

Feedback Score
    I tried unlocking my phone using the R-Sim version 3 and it is still not working. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Slomovic View Post
    I tried unlocking my phone using the R-Sim version 3 and it is still not working. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong.

the AT&T iphone does not need to be unlocked to use the byod sim

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the AT&T iphone does not need to be unlocked to use the byod sim
    I am attempting to unlock a verizon iphone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Slomovic View Post
    I am attempting to unlock a verizon iphone
    the verizon/sprint iphone won't work with the straight talk sim. only the one sold by AT&T can work with the straight talk sim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast