Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1418

Thread: Samsung S390G

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got my phone. Number ported and activated. Mine did not come from HSN, added a service card and some bonus minutes. Tripled as expected. Same high rates on downloads/mms. Just thought I'd report that in. You think it'd do any good at this point to call executive resolutions, too? Tell me what I should say to make it go smooth. Maybe if there is several people complaining, it'll help?

    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I don't know that I would have knowing what I know now.
    Really depends in your usage habits.

    But, the HSN deal for $100 for 1500 minutes (400 tripled + 300 bonus) was a good deal.
    And my wife and son like there's a lot better the the one's replaced.

    I do like the camera, stills and videos are much better. The MP3 player is better (faster too).
    And support for 32GB SD cards is a plus.

    None of use used MMS or web on the EDGE phones, so it's not a big loss to not use it.
    And wi-fi makes the browser/email more usable


    yes.




    Results will be posted either way.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,153
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Got my phone. Number ported and activated. Mine did not come from HSN, added a service card and some bonus minutes. Tripled as expected. Same high rates on downloads/mms. Just thought I'd report that in. You think it'd do any good at this point to call executive resolutions, too? Tell me what I should say to make it go smooth. Maybe if there is several people complaining, it'll help?
    Wouldn't hurt. The more people complain, the more likely it'll get fixed.
    There's a thread about it here.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...st-of-Tracfone

    Tell them that the phone is not charging 0.5units/minute like the service guide says.

    Also post over on the TracFoneForum.
    There are lots of threads, but this is where I'm tracing my interaction with them
    http://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewtop...=6179&t=174386

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0

    MMS rate charge

    So if we are to assume that eventually TF will straighten this out one way or the other, what about those of us that have activated the phone and are using it. With the LG800G early phone issues, they sent out replacement phones. I really don't want to go thru all of that....again. Hopefully this can be fixed with a few simple parameter changes or something that can be sent to the phone. Not happy here. Got all excited about TF going 3G and WIFI, and now dissappointed. Customer service...so important...and so lacking at Tracfone on new phones. Sad.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been calling the executive resoultions office almost every day.. yesterday they said they would look it up and call me right back.. never did. This phone ticks me off.. I am on the internet for 1 min and it takes off 10. I send a photo text message (mms) and it takes off 10 mins. Give me a break.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,153
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie3100 View Post
    Hopefully this can be fixed with a few simple parameter changes or something that can be sent to the phone.
    It should be easily fixed by sending a parameter change.
    It's just a matter of getting the right people involved to fix it.

    CS people don't have that kind of info. So it's got to work through engineering to get them to 1) confirm it, 2) to get a corporate decision on what to set it too, and 3) implement it.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    84
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I went to getjar.com to see what apps were available for the S390G. I saw a couple of apps that I wanted to download. However, to download an app to your phone you must select your phone model from a drop down box. The S390G is NOT in the drop down box and it will NOT let you enter S390G.

    Has anybody loaded any apps for this phone ? Is there another site to go to so you can download apps ?

    Thanks

    Larry

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,930
    Feedback Score
    0
    They list the LG800G. Try using that.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    It should be easily fixed by sending a parameter change.
    It's just a matter of getting the right people involved to fix it.

    CS people don't have that kind of info. So it's got to work through engineering to get them to 1) confirm it, 2) to get a corporate decision on what to set it too, and 3) implement it.
    any updates?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    0
    Any one has the LG 800g and this one? How are the screen resolution compare between the two?

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    No new news on data or MMS charges yet? Hopefully someone from Tracfone follows these forums and will respone here. Maybe this suggestion will get their attention. HSN sold over 40,000 of these a few weeks ago. Maybe we should all return them for this reason. My opinion is that TF is a pretty well run company from the technical side. They know what they sell. I think when they offered these phones they knew exactly what the data and MMS charges would be. Customer support is probably just as surprised as the rest of us are.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,153
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I know CS is surprised.

    The issue is getting the fix from engineering.

    The first rep on their forum was useless, but the second appears to be trying.
    Still waiting on a response from engineering. I ping her every day or two.
    Unlike the phone support, there is a record of the situation and they can't later deny what the post.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,153
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know if our inside man, elombillo, is still around?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,153
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Anyone know if our inside man, elombillo, is still around?
    Well, the email address is still valid, but it just went to a random rep same as the facebook page and the TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com address.


    So, called ER again. Spoke to Mariel, #56121

    After 20 minutes or so trying to get through the MMS issue, switched to web browsing instead.

    Check parameter 30 for current airtime before and after.

    So I started the browser, went to att.yahoo.com and exited.
    Took less than a minute and took 26 units.

    So, supposed to be sending a replacement. We'll see if they screw up my phone in the mean time...
    Still holding out hope that the forum will get through to engineering and come up with a way to reprogram in the field. But I'm willing to try a replacement.

    If it works, It gives an option and proof that they will fix it.
    They are supposed to verify that it charges correctly before they ship it.
    I doubt that, but maybe they have some that are programmed correctly.

    I will definitely compare the parameters (all 206) to the other 2 I have before activating the replacement and after.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for taking the time to contact CS and keeping us informed st dog...

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    144
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Well, the email address is still valid, but it just went to a random rep same as the facebook page and the TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com address.


    So, called ER again. Spoke to Mariel, #56121

    After 20 minutes or so trying to get through the MMS issue, switched to web browsing instead.

    Check parameter 30 for current airtime before and after.

    So I started the browser, went to att.yahoo.com and exited.
    Took less than a minute and took 26 units.

    So, supposed to be sending a replacement. We'll see if they screw up my phone in the mean time...
    Still holding out hope that the forum will get through to engineering and come up with a way to reprogram in the field. But I'm willing to try a replacement.

    If it works, It gives an option and proof that they will fix it.
    They are supposed to verify that it charges correctly before they ship it.
    I doubt that, but maybe they have some that are programmed correctly.

    I will definitely compare the parameters (all 206) to the other 2 I have before activating the replacement and after.
    I'm wondering if the net10 and straight talk version of this phone is programmed correctly. I actually really like the phone. I'm going to hold out and see if your replacement works, and if it doesn't I'm just going to port over to a net10 version of this phone and sell the one I have now locally. Bet I can get most of what I paid for it back.

    I'm curious - at any point did they actually acknowledge there was a problem and that the phone they are sending you would not have the problem. I could never get them to say anything for sure, thats why I declined the replacement at that moment.

    As the other poster said, thank you for your updates.

Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My PERSONAL opinion on the Samsung 8580
    By howardchui in forum Samsung
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-25-2001, 01:00 PM
  2. Ringtones for samsung 3500
    By nitro82 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2001, 12:07 AM
  3. Samsung
    By WirelessToronto in forum Samsung
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2001, 04:06 PM
  4. Samsung 3500
    By DaBigBR in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2001, 12:10 PM
  5. Samsung Volume
    By WirelessToronto in forum Samsung
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2001, 10:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks