Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung S390G

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettecor View Post
    I tried the above instructions and every time I try to download it says connection failed. Can I not have the wi-fi connected to download ? I have downloaded other apps with the wi-fi connected.
    Well I gave those instructions to MiMtnBiker and it sounds like he had the same problem via WiFi but he got it to download, maybe it has something to do with the fact that it doesn't just download the jar file it downloads and installs. Not sure but without WiFi it worked for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMtnBiker View Post
    I followed those instructions and it keeps saying that the connection failed every time I attempt a download. Also, for the address I found for google maps, it will download about 60% and stop. This is while I am connected via Wi-Fi.

Nevermind. I found out I can't download via Wi-Fi. I was able to download it via 3G.
    I don't have the S390G but on the Samsung R455C you can't install the signed version but the unsigned version works good and it doesn't give you those annoying trust notifications like other phones with the unsigned version. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Well I gave those instructions to MiMtnBiker and it sounds like he had the same problem via WiFi but he got it to download, maybe it has something to do with the fact that it doesn't just download the jar file it downloads and installs. Not sure but without WiFi it worked for him.I don't have the S390G but on the Samsung R455C you can't install the signed version but the unsigned version works good and it doesn't give you those annoying trust notifications like other phones with the unsigned version. Good luck.
    I couldn't download either the GMaps or Opera Apps when connected via Wi-Fi. I was able to download them without any problem over cell signal. But as we all know, that costs quite a bit.

In regard to the over charging of minutes. I had opened a ticket through Net10's facebook page and after a few emails back and forth, and after acknowledging they know about the issue, they had me forward them the values for Parameter 04. I found that funny because the values are the same for both my S390G and 900G.

One more thing, does anyone know where I can get the signed FB app? I downloaded the one from FB and my wife has to constantly approve the data charges message. I mean, she has to do this a few dozen times, approving every single thing she wants to do.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    One more thing, does anyone know where I can get the signed FB app? I downloaded the one from FB and my wife has to constantly approve the data charges message. I mean, she has to do this a few dozen times, approving every single thing she wants to do.
    I downloaded my FB app via the www.facebook.com/mobile page on my LG800G and Samsung R455C and it gave me signed versions. They did just update to version 2.9.1 recently so if you have the older version 2.8.1 try updating it and see what happens. Just FYI, both mine under file info for the app say "This application is signed by Thawte Code Signing CA - G2" if that's of any help. I don't get the untrusted messages on either phone, good luck.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    As I recall, FB was the app that it took a few tried to get the signed version.
    If you click the link and it's not the signed version, cancel the download and try again.
    It could take a dozen tries before it gives you the correct version.

I think that was also the app that gave a warning about not recognizing the certificate. Told it to use it anyway, and it works fine.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Got my phone and got it activated, everything working good except wifi. I don't know much about wifi so I probably have something set up wrong. It will connect, but then it disconnects and says "DNS Failed". Maybe I can find someone to help me get it straightened out, but until then I'll use the browser. I downloaded both Opera Mini and Facebook mobile (signed versions without any problem) through the built in browser and sent a MMS message and it has only used a total of 1.8MB which equals 16.86 minutes. I have the MMS sending and receiving set at 300kb and the MMS message I sent used only 1.76 minutes. SMS texts are costing .33 minutes as advertised. Overall I'm happy with the S390G...I'll be even happier when I get wifi working.

Feedback Score

New toforum and to the S390G phone

I got the S390G up and running with no problems. Wifi also OK.

Questions:

What kind of Apps and Games can I download and run ( outside those found in the Samsung Apps icon) ie do they need to be only java type apps ?

BTW is there an OS for this phone ?

Can I add Skype to use only with WIFI ? If so how?

Thanks

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Good place for free apps is getjar.com or mobile URL is m.getjar.com.

Feedback Score
    anyone ever get the black screen with yellow txt??

it says something like blocking defense at the top?

I had the phone in my pocket then when i took it out it had that screen. it has happened two times already and one time when i was playing a game.

All three times i had to turn off the phone and restart and everything went back to normal

anyone else experience this?

I took a pic of the screen if anyone is interested i will post.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It hasn't happened to me John, but I would like to see the pic. Might help others figure out what it means.

Feedback Score
    here it is.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I definitely haven't saw anything like that, don't even know where to start. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you figure it out.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like memory protection fault. Some code accessing memory it's not suppose to.

Mostly culprit would be bad memory in the phone.
    Likely needs to be replaced.

Could also be a bad app, or even virus but its a lot harder to debug than other devices.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do you think a hard reset would help ?

Larry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettecor View Post
    Do you think a hard reset would help ?....
    Worth a try by pulling the battery out for 20 secs. I'm betting it won't help.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Good place for free apps is getjar.com or mobile URL is m.getjar.com.
    I found the m.getjar.com page but the S390G phone is not listed. Which type of phone OS should I select ?

Tks

Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 71 ... LastLast