Page 39 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung S390G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I don't use the pone for youtube, but I've had that message on other computers before.
    Usually a sign of a slow connection, so it buffers the data for better playback.

Some of the other audio/video players (RealPlayer, QuickTime, WindowsMedia) had configurable options for buffering to adjust how much they buffered. Really handy back with dial-up connections (28-36kpbs connections).
    Thanks for the reply ST. I was thinking myself that it would probably have something to do with connection, but of course, it's always good to get a second opinion. From my experience, the youtube actually works pretty good most of the time, but it can depend on what router I'm connected to when it comes to how much I get that buffering sign. It's not a huge draw back, but sort of annoying when it actually does happen.

Now, my next step will be to figure out why the heck the phone won't allow me to sign into my gmail

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I don't use gmail so I can't offer anything.

Is it just the web interface that's not working? What about the email app for POP3 or IMAP access?
    Does that work?

Feedback Score
    It would work fine IF there was a version of Skype to use.
    I'm unaware of JAVA version of Skype.

I see Android, iPhone, Symbian, and Windows, but nothing for JAVA.

I see... therefore, it's a NO?? Thank you for the reply ST Dog. Do you know of any other way for me to be able to use the Trackfone while inside Canada?

Feedback Score
    AlexTrac
    Official TracFone Representative

Tracfone Samsung S425G and Samsung S125G on Activate Phones page
    Hi there Steve,

I read your question about the Triple Minutes for Life Benefit. Some TracFone phones and Airtime Cards include Triple Minutes for Life feature. Please be informed that the Samsung S425G is not one of those phones which has the TMLF benefit attached to it. However, if you purchase the TMLF airtime card, you can enjoy the TMLF benefit on your Samsung S425G phone. After adding the Triple Minute Airtime Card, only those purchased minutes will triple.

Since the Samsung S425G will require a TMLF airtime card to avail the program, then we cannot assure that all retail stores or online markets will sell the Samsung S425G and the TMLF airtime card as a package. TracFone may provide the products for retail stores but the programs offered on each retailer may vary. For more details, please send us an email at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Thank you.

Alex

TracFone Wireless

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Are they bringing back the TMFL card, or is it already back? That'd be news.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    AlexTrac
    Official TracFone Representative

Tracfone Samsung S425G and Samsung S125G on Activate Phones page
    Hi there Steve,

I read your question about the Triple Minutes for Life Benefit. Some TracFone phones and Airtime Cards include Triple Minutes for Life feature. Please be informed that the Samsung S425G is not one of those phones which has the TMLF benefit attached to it. However, if you purchase the TMLF airtime card, you can enjoy the TMLF benefit on your Samsung S425G phone. After adding the Triple Minute Airtime Card, only those purchased minutes will triple.

Since the Samsung S425G will require a TMLF airtime card to avail the program, then we cannot assure that all retail stores or online markets will sell the Samsung S425G and the TMLF airtime card as a package. TracFone may provide the products for retail stores but the programs offered on each retailer may vary. For more details, please send us an email at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Thank you.

Alex

TracFone Wireless
    So, I asked a question on a different thread regarding the TMFL feature for the S425g. I posted it here because I do know that many people who've had the S425 have had similar issues as those of us with the S390G, and from what I've read, looks like most of the specs are the same on both phones as well...Including TMFL!!

Will anyone be able to tell me If Alex Trac happens to be correct in his PRIVATE MESSAGE to me that I posted above?? Just curious, because I'm pretty certain that he's MIS-informed. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I don't use gmail so I can't offer anything.

Is it just the web interface that's not working? What about the email app for POP3 or IMAP access?
    Does that work?
    Hi ST,
    If by web interface, do you mean the gmail link that's provided on the home page that tracfone provides?? I'm unclear on exactly what POP3 or IMAP access is, but regardless of whether I go to Gmail by entering the URL, or by simply clicking on the link that tracfone provides, it will take me to the log in page. After entering my UN and PW, click sign in button and it simply will not leave the log in page. The phone only does this with google-related sign ins. Everything else I attemp to log into with this phone works perfectly.

Doesn't seem like the idea of the browser being defective would make sense, especially with everything else working normally. I know most tracfone browsers have a tendency to act quirky anyway. I've mainly been wondering how many others have experienced this issue with gmail or google.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    If by web interface, do you mean the gmail link that's provided on the home page that tracfone provides??
    I mean using any web browser to access gmail.

This appears to be how you are accessing gmail.

I'm unclear on exactly what POP3 or IMAP access is
    IMAP and POP3 are ways to access email servers directly using dedicated applications.
    (Maybe you've used Microsoft Outlook? Or the old Netscape Navigator email tool)
    The S390G has an email app (Menu->Email) than can directly access email similar to text messages.
    It would be configured to access the server (gmail in your case) using POP3 or IMAP (depending on the server and your preferences).

Feedback Score
    I mean using any web browser to access gmail.

This appears to be how you are accessing gmail.

IMAP and POP3 are ways to access email servers directly using dedicated applications.
    (Maybe you've used Microsoft Outlook? Or the old Netscape Navigator email tool)
    The S390G has an email app (Menu->Email) than can directly access email similar to text messages.
    It would be configured to access the server (gmail in your case) using POP3 or IMAP (depending on the server and your preferences).
    I did neglect to mention that I do have my Gmail installed to my email client, and that actually does work good. It's just an issue when it comes to the Gmail log in page.

I don't use outlook or opera web browser. haven't felt a need to install any other web browser on the phone yet, but I am thinking about putting a signed version of opera mini on. So far, I've found the stock browser on this phone to be pretty efficient.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I posted it here because I do know that many people who've had the S425 have had similar issues as those of us with the S390G, and from what I've read, looks like most of the specs are the same on both phones as well...Including TMFL!!
    I don't know that TF has offered either phone for sale on their site yet.
    I've not see it there, nor have I seen mention of it being listed.

Feedback Score
    I don't know that TF has offered either phone for sale on their site yet.
    I've not see it there, nor have I seen mention of it being listed.
    Smart Dog, I don't know why you have to use this link to see the S390G?
    Cheers!

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've seen the 390, but not the 425, on the TF site.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Smart Dog, I don't know why you have to use this link to see the S390G?
    I see the S390G there, but not the S425G.

It is interesting that it doesn't come up on the "Browse all Phones" page
    http://www.tracfone.com/phones.jsp

BTW, ST in my username is not short for Smart. Just stick to ST as few people get it (relates to computers in the 80s and early 90s. I've used it online since '91)

Feedback Score
    I would like to ask anyone (especially the Tracfone rep - Alex) = what are the options, do I have, when I am outside of the US (mainly in Canada - as I have to take care of my mother in Canada) - and needing to make emergent calls back to the US (with the Tracfone).

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Are they bringing back the TMFL card, or is it already back? That'd be news.
    Nope, but I definitely agree that'd be news. That was just another Tracfone Rep misinforming me. They do that quite a bit.

Page 39 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast