Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung S390G

Feedback Score
    So can anyone tell what the phone is like yet? What programs can you download (Opera, Facebook, google maps). What do the camera pictures look like? Would be great if anyone could upload some full resolution snapshots. How is the music player? How is the speed of the internet browsing? Are the 'use' issue resolved yet? Does it do video, if so samples? General call quality?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Sprint Prepaids (Virgin Mobile, Budget Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    just got the phone. havent really had a chance to play with it yet but by far this is the best tracfone i have owned.
    Apparently the browser is charging by the kb though im not sure.
    Call quality seems well.
    Have not played with the cam yet.
    Browsing is definitely NOT edge/2g.
    Full review to come.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjp View Post
    Apparently the browser is charging by the kb though im not sure.
    Suggest a call to Miami to see if they'll fix that (like they did for annepani with the S425G)
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post14846606

Full review to come.
    Looking forward to it.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OK walking into this, remember that this is a TRACFONE, not iPhone.
    Just as Virgin Mobile increased the quality of their phones over the years, the same is true with Tracfone.

The S390G is a step up from most older tracfones (and possibly some newer ones).
    Screen size is fair for a QWERTY bar. As with tracfone color style, the screen is pixelated and not clear if you will.
    2 calls were made and there was no garble as was evident with some older LG models.
    1 Text message was also sent. Button presentation is quite odd so that may take some getting used to.
    As mentioned earlier the browser (apparently) charges by the KB. This is assumed to be a billing glitch. I have not called CS to inquire as of yet.
    Speaking of browsing. It is for sure greater than 2G speeds but because of the limited browsing cap of tracfone "fone's" no true test is possible.
    There is a facebook app that can be downloaded but i cannot get the "games" portion of the store to load so I cannot mention anything related to "Opera" etc.
    Camera takes decent quality, yet pixelated pictures. I sent the picture to my iphone (which took almost 8 units of airtime.) and the picture looked decent and non-pixely.
    INSTEAD of a d-pad there is a trackball of sorts. which is quite nice and highly unexpected of a tracfone "fone."

ALL in all a Strong "BUY" though you may need to contact Miami CS at the phone # listed in the previous posters link about data and such.

Feedback Score
    Camera takes decent quality, yet pixelated pictures. I sent the picture to my iphone (which took almost 8 units of airtime.) and the picture looked decent and non-pixely.
    How big was the picture? How many kb?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    How big was the picture? How many kb?
    picture was 422kb

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Speaking of browsing. It is for sure greater than 2G speeds but because of the limited browsing cap of tracfone "fone's" no true test is possible.
    Limited? Recent phones have had full internet access. Are you suggesting that this phone is otherwise?

There is a facebook app that can be downloaded but i cannot get the "games" portion of the store to load so I cannot mention anything related to "Opera" etc.
    What about going straight to opera.com and downloading it form there?

What about other app sites?

I assume it uses Java apps like the other tracfones have.
    Can you confirm one way or the other?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ill have to get back to you on that in the morning. I never thought to try to type a website address

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Ill have to get back to you on that in the morning. I never thought to try to type a website address
    If you want to try the direct download for the Facebook app go to www.facebook.com/mobile on your computer, click the get app button and fill-in the phone number so it can send you a text with the link in it. You should be signed in to your account otherwise it won't send you a link, it's like they want to make sure you already have an account before they let you have the app. Hope that helps.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Limited? Recent phones have had full internet access. Are you suggesting that this phone is otherwise?

What about going straight to opera.com and downloading it form there?

What about other app sites?

I assume it uses Java apps like the other tracfones have.
    Can you confirm one way or the other?
    Its a good thing I hofo. I'dve never thought that websites outside of tracfone's mini-mall would have worked. Thanks for mentioning to try.
    I went to opera.com and Opera 7 mini works just fine.

And yes, they are java apps.

Feedback Score
    I received this phone today. I haven't activated it yet, but tried the wireless. It won't stay connected to my wireless router when I have the router set to "N-only" mode, but does connect if I set the router to Auto.

Feedback Score
    the phone does not come with any games.

i went to zedge.net but does not have the phone in its listing.

what do i have to do or what where do i have to go to get some legal free games.

Feedback Score
    I downloaded the facebook app but it gets annoying that everytime i click on something i have to put "yes" for it ok to send information like 4 or 5 times. Is there some way to auto allow?

Its even worse of i try to download an image from google image search. it could get up to 10-15x i have to click yes to allow the data charges.

Im using wifi only btw.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just received my new Samsung S390G about 30 minutes ago from UPS. I'm charging before I activate. It says in the manual to charge for 5 hours the first time, but you can activate I guess immediatley if you keep the phone plugged in. The buttons on the phone are very small. I was going to transfer my minutes from my existing LG800G Tracfone to this new phone. I may just get a whole new number and use for a couple of weeks to see if I can get use to these small buttons. The new S390G is longer and just a little wider than my LG800G, which I knew. It will not work with my existing vertical case, so I hope the John Deere case that I ordered comes in the next few days. Will let you guys know about the features and what I think of the phone.

Larry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettecor View Post
    I just received my new Samsung S390G about 30 minutes ago from UPS. .. Will let you guys know about the features and what I think of the phone. Larry
    1 - Did you get it from HSN or shopcelldeals on ebay?
    2 - Please let us know if you are being overcharged for MMS. A picture of about 500 - 550 KB would be a good test. A picture of about 50KB won't show too much.

The standard Tracfone charge for a 500KB pic is 1.5 minutes. Those of us with the S390 and S425 have been charged about 8.0 minutes, an 8 to 1 diffeence.

All of our phones came from shopcelldeals. The HSN phones may have come from a different factory run with different parameters.

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast