Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung S390G

Feedback Score
    Have you guys tried re-formatting your SD cards?

I've had a problem Im wondering someone can help me with... for whatever reason when I run out of spots for wifi connections, it wont let me delete almost any of em cept for a few that work that I actually use. I dont wanna have to completely re-set the phone cause I have the signed version of google maps and I heard they dont have it anymore. Any advice would be kick ***, thanks!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    Also, my SD Card originally came from my buddy's old Blackberry, and every PC I connect to always reads the Card as a Blackberry.
    That's just the Volume name on the file system. It usually gets set when you format the drive.
    You can easily change that in Windows. Right click on the drive, properties, and you can change it on the General tab.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanger View Post

I've had a problem Im wondering someone can help me with... for whatever reason when I run out of spots for wifi connections, it wont let me delete almost any of em cept for a few that work that I actually use. I dont wanna have to completely re-set the phone cause I have the signed version of google maps and I heard they dont have it anymore. Any advice would be kick ***, thanks!
    I've actually used the reset option a few times on my phone and it's never erased any data whatsoever. The RESTORE OPTION IS WHAT YOU WANT TO AVOID! But yeah, all of my games, apps, pictures and everything were fine using the RESET option. Select each option once before actually going into them and you'll see what I mean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    That's just the Volume name on the file system. It usually gets set when you format the drive.
    You can easily change that in Windows. Right click on the drive, properties, and you can change it on the General tab.
    Thanks for that info.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    Thanks for that info.
    You may have to have it in a card reader instead of the phone. I haven't tried with the phone.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smithduluth View Post
    By accident, with the keyboard locked, with the phone in my pocket, dialed 112 which forwards to 911 on GSM phones in the USA (I just found that out). Is it possible these phones have an undocumented emergency button? Never had this happen before.
    This is a great feature phone, has all I need, and can use it on the 25bucks/750 mins plan but this issue right here has killed any of those great qualities for me. It just did this crap on me about 5 mins ago while in my pocket. It was quiet so I heard the beep indicator of the SOS call screen

The other issue I have is since going to a feature phone from a smartphone, I bought a 16gb card to load some movies on for those moments when you encounter some downtime. Unfortunately the issue there is the video player starts to stutter the video on the movie halfway through it. First half plays fine. These two glaring faults have me searching once again for a decent feature phone. This one is going back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno View Post
    This is a great feature phone, has all I need, and can use it on the 25bucks/750 mins plan but this issue right here has killed any of those great qualities for me. It just did this crap on me about 5 mins ago while in my pocket. It was quiet so I heard the beep indicator of the SOS call screen

The other issue I have is since going to a feature phone from a smartphone, I bought a 16gb card to load some movies on for those moments when you encounter some downtime. Unfortunately the issue there is the video player starts to stutter the video on the movie halfway through it. First half plays fine. These two glaring faults have me searching once again for a decent feature phone. This one is going back.
    I noticed the same thing with playing back movies on this phone... its not too terribly difficult though to split the movie in 2 and watch it like that.

Feedback Score

Anybody have any info on this problem? If I completely restore my phone do I lose all my apps?

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    I noticed the same thing with playing back movies on this phone... its not too terribly difficult though to split the movie in 2 and watch it like that.
    I'm running Ubuntu Linux so just trying to initially rip a file successfully without getting program errors somewhere along the way is an uphill battle of an afternoon. lol

Outside of those issues I really like the phone, and the 25/750 plan is about all I really need, but those two issues really break it for me. 911 operators shouldn't be getting tied up on the line because I decide to shift in my seat, they serve a crucial function. Somebody at Samsung should pick up bonehead of the month for that design oversight. qwerty phones are bad enough for pocket dialing without throwing emergency services into the mix.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have any info on this problem? If I completely restore my phone do I lose all my apps?
    I didn't have any trouble deleting wi-fi entries when I hit the limit, though I usually delete temporary ones as soon as I'm done so I've only hit the limit once.

The restore option should delete everything. Apps, messages, ringtones contacts, anything stored on the phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno View Post
    I'm running Ubuntu Linux so just trying to initially rip a file successfully without getting program errors somewhere along the way is an uphill battle of an afternoon. lol
    I haven't done it in years, but I didn't have issues like that in Fedora.
    Try a different app? Command line scripts? Build the drivers yourself?

Somebody at Samsung should pick up bonehead of the month for that design oversight. qwerty phones are bad enough for pocket dialing without throwing emergency services into the mix.
    So don't carry the phone in your pocket (especially pants pockets). Try a case with stiff/hard sides. Works fine for me. My first phone was too big to put in a pocket, so I've always carried them on my belt.

The emergency dialing through lock is a feature. It's there on purpose and all recent phones that I've seen support it. Bar phone, flip phone, slider, querty, and touchscreen.
    Who wants to try to figure out how to unlock a phone in an emergency?

Feedback Score
    Another glitch I noticed, was wondering if anyone else has too... but after looking at the pictures on my sd card from the folder menu (the pics take quite awhile to load too) and then going to my music... it'll show the song but the track's play time will be blank and it'll say the songs not there when trying to play it... weird.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Tony,
    I've never had that. Pictures load fast, and no problems playing MP3s after, whether I use the Music Player or select a song form the folder view.

What brand/size/speed is your SD card? Perhaps you have a bad card?

It sure sounds like the phone is having trouble reading from the card.

Carriers
    Tracfone ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    By accident, with the keyboard locked, with the phone in my pocket, dialed 112 which forwards to 911 on GSM phones in the USA (I just found that out). Is it possible these phones have an undocumented emergency button? Never had this happen before.
    All you need to do is press zero/camera key 4 times to get to the SOS screen. I wish there was a user option to disable this feature, as I have called 911 twice with the phone in a hard case.

Feedback Score
    All you need to do is press zero/camera key 4 times to get to the SOS screen. I wish there was a user option to disable this feature, as I have called 911 twice with the phone in a hard case.
    I don't have my S390g anymore, so maybe someone can try this: If you lock the keyboard while the phone is on any screen other than the Home screen, will that keep this SOS "feature" from working? Since you have to be on the Home Screen to call a number using the keypad, maybe this feature only works from the Home screen, too.

Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast