OK, Let me see if I've got this straight with non-home WiFi spots:
1. Turn on Wifi.
2. When you see the green WiFi icon, it is safe to click on the provided browser.
3. Only after you are redirected to the Wifi spot's homepage should you switch to Opera Mini.
4. When you are finished online, make sure to delete the Wifi spot in your Wifi list PRIOR to turning off the Wifi and/or phone.
5. If there is a problem connecting with the native browser, then pull the battery with the phone on, wait a few minutes, and reinstall. Try again.
6. If the problem persists, be persistent and keep trying with the #5 procedure.
Please let me know if I've understood the tips in this thread ok? There were two other browsers mentioned earlier in the thread that people like using: something like CC and QQ? (I don't have my notes in front of me.) Are these browsers still available to be downloaded and installed on the s390g? If so, would they have the same redirect issue that Opera Mini has?
Also, Sling, since you got the phone like me to tinker with the WiFi, do you visit any other video sites successfully besides YouTube? And if you have a microSD card installed with video on it, how did you put the video on it?