Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1418

Thread: Samsung S390G

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Negolien View Post
    As for the plastic rear covers. I don't really see the point of having a back cover since the backs plastic already LOL. I think I might go with a gel backing to keep it from sliding around, Screen cover to keep it from getting scratched and a leather case.
    I've used gel covers for many phones and switched to a purple plastic back because the gel backs picked up pocket lint, sand, cookie crumbs, cosmic dust that were a pain to remove. My plastic has a textured surface, not as grippy as gel but keeps the slickery phone from squirting out of my hand. $3.99 Ebay; delivery from China was about 10 days. Read back in this forum and find the large purple picture with details and links.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    However, when logging into my yahoo mail, or my online banking, the same darn certificate error message keeps popping up. It still allows me to log in, but then I need to click "Ok at least 4 or 5 times before it actually allows me to navigate the site.
    I don't see that with either browser (built-in or Opera). I normally us opera, but just tested the other.
    go to m.yahoo.com, select the mail link at the top, then sign in (I even scrolled down and picked the "Login using SSL" link with no errors).

I haven"t tried any different WIFI spots yet besides the one at my house so I'm wondering if that will change when I try out some public ones.
    Remember a lot of them require you to sign-on/accept terms and you need the built-in browser for that.
    I haven't tried McDonald's but other places work.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Richio View Post
    The hotspot at McDonald's seems to connect without complaint, but I simply can't go anywhere. Eventually, the page load times out. Something's not configured right,although it's all at the default settings.
    You are using the built-in browser right?

Opera won't redirect to the sign-in/terms page. Once you get past that you can switch to Opera.

I DO have the exact link to download the signed google map app, which is what I should have used instead of trying to surf there.
    From earlier in this thread? It doesn't work anymore. Google has stopped distributing the app.

You can find the unsigned version on other sites, but I've not found the signed version.

Oh, the icon (pager with an m) is the SD card. It's white with black text when the card is ready. If it's black with white text, it's reading the card (scans for music and photos, can take a while, and can cause the phone to be non-responsive)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    You are using the built-in browser right?

Opera won't redirect to the sign-in/terms page. Once you get past that you can switch to Opera.
    I was using Opera from the get-go. That explains what I was doing wrong.

From earlier in this thread? It doesn't work anymore. Google has stopped distributing the app.
    Yes. I'll find the unsigned version, later. 'Gotta go to work now. Thanks for all your help!!!

Oh, the icon (pager with an m) is the SD card. It's white with black text when the card is ready. If it's black with white text, it's reading the card (scans for music and photos, can take a while, and can cause the phone to be non-responsive)
    Yeah, I gotta get a memory card. Then I would've known. Thanks for the heads up concerning unresponsiveness during mem card reads. Of course, I'm used to unresponsiveness, since this old laptop has one bad memory slot, so I only have 1gig to think and chew gum with

Feedback Score
    Gotcha yes it's an m.. I did just put a 32G memory card in so makes sense. Ordered the S390G Case from Ebay for $6.89. Anyone else using that as a case? I'll let ya know how it works when I get it Tuesday. I also saw monster cable Data cable for like 2 bucks at frys on sale :<( lol I just paid $4.99 for my adeama. Figures lol...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I don't see that with either browser (built-in or Opera). I normally us opera, but just tested the other.
    go to m.yahoo.com, select the mail link at the top, then sign in (I even scrolled down and picked the "Login using SSL" link with no errors).

Remember a lot of them require you to sign-on/accept terms and you need the built-in browser for that.
    I haven't tried McDonald's but other places work.
    I just logged into my yahoo mail using SSL as you suggested and and it totally worked fine. No error message! Thanks!

I'm thinking about what you were saying as far as my "browser thinking" the local server my home WIFI being connected to is out of date. For that matter, the server just may actually be. Hard to say, but I have a feeling it may also be because of the fact that even though the phone happens to be the exact same make and model, the browser still happens to be newer...as in updated from previous S390's, most likely.

I also notice the apps that you automatically see after first loading the home page of the built in browser on the new phone are much more limited than what the home page offers on my currently activated S390. Seems to me to be a different version of the same browser, if that makes sense.

Downloaded a couple games last night using the built in browser on the new phone and they seem to work great so far.

Do you happen to know if it's possible to download other browsers over WIFI, or must I activate the phone first for that to be possible?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    Hard to say, but I have a feeling it may also be because of the fact that even though the phone happens to be the exact same make and model, the browser still happens to be newer...as in updated from previous S390's, most likely.
    I doubt that, but it's possible. Mine says NetFront Browser v4.2 and shows a 2011 copyright.
    (Options -> Browser Settings -> About Browser)

I also notice the apps that you automatically see after first loading the home page of the built in browser on the new phone are much more limited than what the home page offers on my currently activated S390. Seems to me to be a different version of the same browser, if that makes sense.
    Those aren't apps, it's just a webpage with links. My phone loads http://tfmt.tracfone.com
    I'll not that if I go there with my PC I get a different page. If I fake my UserAgent to look like an S390G, Firefox complains about the MIME Type, application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml
    I installed an add-on to add support for that but I have to restart to use it.

I save the file Firefox complained about and it looks like the page I see on my phone.

Do you happen to know if it's possible to download other browsers over WIFI...?
    All I can suggest is trying. I don't remember for sure and others have claimed they could.

Feedback Score
    Just thinking last night about the new wireless router. It doesn't seem to have an off switch. Do they permanantly stay on?

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Most of the newest wifi routers are intended to stay on & don't have a power switch. I wish they did.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Just unplug the power cord at the back and slide it underneath so the weight will hold it in place.

Why do you want a switch though? Mine stays on 24x7 anyway. That way the auto downloads run overnight and are ready in the morning, I don't have to wait for everything to boot/connect in the morning, etc.

Feedback Score
    Meh it just seems like it would wear out faster if it's on all the time. Really it's not a thing I should have purchased. I don't have a tablet or a laptop only the phone and a wired PC with slots all full LOL. Not a whole lot of use for my phone to be using wifi at home. Just seemed neat to be able to use it on a wireless.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Meh it just seems like it would wear out faster if it's on all the time.
    Electronics aren't like mechanical devices. They don't really wear out form use. Turning them on and off (and the power spikes involved) are more of an issue.

I don't have a tablet or a laptop
    Yet.
    I now have 3 laptops and 3 tablets and a DVD player that all use wireless.
    Wasn't that long ago that I had one computer and a 33.6k modem.
    They are just so cheap these days.

Feedback Score
    Are there any apps I should download? I have Opera, UC browser. I have espn nascar standings, CNN, Cnet mobile, Walmart (of course lol)Nascar.com, Google as bookmarks. Still having issues going to some web pages as they are super big. How do I know which sites have mobile sites and which are for normal browsers like a PC would use.

I seem to have questions more along the lines of general Mobile rather than S390G specific now. Is there a forum or thread that is more appropriate for these kinds of questions?

Feedback Score
    Meh... not much action in this forum thread lately lol. Well I shall liven it up some.

I received my cell phone case from 'bestsources' seller on Ebay the link is below. Got here super fast like 4 days Including the weekend. I won't bore you with pictures what you see is what you get. $6 and it's very well made. Leather like material with an imbeded magnet in the strap that keeps it closed. Not super tight fit for the phone I think it's just right. Not sure you could get the phone in with a gel case or any other for that matter but I' am not sure. Maybe someone else could post on that subject. Little big to stuff in a jeans pocket unless your one of them dummies that wears his pants around his ankles. Fit inside my dickies work pants without any issue. Very good buy for 6-7 bucks I think. Will keep the face from getting scratched up in pocket with other items. I did order some of them screen cover thingies. Let ya know how that went when they get here.

No issues with the phone still. I see sos on the screen sometimes when it's been sitting for a while but haven't had it actually call anyone while locked yet. Best $21 I ever spent I think. Linked right up with my d-link router. Was browsing the web while canceling my AT&T service O.o ...Gonna use the $67 a month to help pay for the new 2013 civic we purchased for $19,190. Seems this is a win win month for us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400364682400
    Last edited by Negolien; 03-18-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Phone
    s390g,iphone 4s
    Carrier
    Tracfone (att sim)(Verison)
    Feedback Score
    Meh... not much action in this forum thread lately lol. Well I shall liven it up some.

I received my cell phone case from 'bestsources' seller on Ebay the link is below. Got here super fast like 4 days Including the weekend. I won't bore you with pictures what you see is what you get. $6 and it's very well made. Leather like material with an imbeded magnet in the strap that keeps it closed. Not super tight fit for the phone I think it's just right. Not sure you could get the phone in with a gel case or any other for that matter but I' am not sure. Maybe someone else could post on that subject. Little big to stuff in a jeans pocket unless your one of them dummies that wears his pants around his ankles. Fit inside my dickies work pants without any issue. Very good buy for 6-7 bucks I think. Will keep the face from getting scratched up in pocket with other items. I did order some of them screen cover thingies. Let ya know how that went when they get here.

No issues with the phone still. I see sos on the screen sometimes when it's been sitting for a while but haven't had it actually call anyone while locked yet. Best $21 I ever spent I think. Linked right up with my d-link router. Was browsing the web while canceling my AT&T service O.o ...Gonna use the $67 a month to help pay for the new 2013 civic we purchased for $19,190. Seems this is a win win month for us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400364682400
    I have this case as well,have not activated my 390 as yet, use the case for my lg500 with a gel skin on it fit and works great

Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast