Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung S390G

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    ST DOG, are you still unable to download an app using wi-fi that does NOT deduct minutes from your phone ?

What would cause something like that ? What happens when you download an app ? Does it go to games and apps like its supposed to ?

The only app that I have downloaded so far is Google Maps but no minutes were deducted.

I probably will go to GETJAR.COM and see what is available ?

Take care.

Larry

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Larry,
    I tried again this morning and it's working now.

Feedback Score
    OK...I have been fooling around with this phone. ST Dog I found out how to choose and view a full screen image.
    1: Press and hole the camera app key
    2: Press right soft key "view"
    3: Push volume down rocker key on left of phone. You will then see thumbnails of all your photos
    4: Select the photo you want using the center rocker button.
    5: Press the left soft key between send button and center rocker button.

When viewing your photo if you press the volume up rocker button you can then zoom in on differant parts of your photo.

I guess it's all here. Just finding it is a adventure.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie3100 View Post
    OK...I have been fooling around with this phone. ST Dog I found out how to choose and view a full screen image.
    That's what I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    From the camera app, select view (right soft key) and you can see them full screen. If you don't have many pictures it's OK, but Ive got hundreds on the memory card and there's no way to select a file.
    It does start with the picture in the phone memory, so you can copy to the phone first, then easily find it.

Haven't figured out a way to do it from the folder list though.

3: Push volume down rocker key on left of phone. You will then see thumbnails of all your photos
    Doesn't work too well if you have 1000 photos in multiple folders on the memory card

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I know if you go to the camera app, click view, your saved picture will show up full screen. But if I choose menu, my folder, pictures, then select a picture, and under options , view, only a reduced picture comes up. Then I have to click options, then zoom.

Is there a way to get full screen picture when I pull up my saved pictures using menu ?

Thanks

Larry

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettecor View Post
    Is there a way to get full screen picture when I pull up my saved pictures using menu ?

Not yet. I've tried ever button and combination I can think of.

Feedback Score

Cool Youtube problems + S390G Photos

Anyone else having trouble getting Youtube to work over wifi? I've tried opera mini and the built-in browser, but it just stays at "Connected", with a blank bar underneath it. Strange thing is, I can control the volume on this screen by scrolling up/down, but nothing plays. If I connect earbuds to the jack and then disconnect them, it says "Try again" and briefly displays what I think might be the video player, before going back to the web browser. I'm stumped - everyone else seems to be able to get it working with no issues at all...

Otherwise, this phone has exceeded my expectations. Guide to converting video for playback is coming soon.

Some photos from the S390G for your collective viewing pleasure.
    Name:  cDak6.jpg
Views: 2439
Size:  396.5 KB
    Name:  cUb7Yh.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  81.4 KB
    Name:  kMa0Xh.jpg
Views: 2320
Size:  86.0 KB
    Name:  CZcIxh.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  46.4 KB

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Youtube worked for me (over wi-fi) with "normal" quality.
    Changed to "HD" and the video doesn't seem to load.
    Went back to "normal" and now it won't load.
    Power off and try again. Only the first video works.
    Turn off wi-fi, back on, and try. Again, just the first video works.
    Did it again, but switched to HQ. Again, first video plays, but not later ones.

That was all with the built-in browser.
    I still need to install Opera on this phone.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Pictures look pretty good. Thanks for posting them.

Larry

Feedback Score
    Great, now my phone is taking off 7-8 mins for sending a picture message... looks like yet another call to tracfone

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcatmatt View Post
    Great, now my phone is taking off 7-8 mins for sending a picture message...
    Are you saying it wasn't earlier?

After some tests, it looks like they are charging 1.5 units per 100KB for data on the two new 3G phones.
    That's both MMS and internet traffic (web browsing, email, etc).
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...st-of-Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcatmatt View Post
    Great, now my phone is taking off 7-8 mins for sending a picture message... looks like yet another call to tracfone
    We (I) have been warning people about this since the S425, and that was before the S390 even came out.

Feedback Score

3G Tracfones Not for Me

I'm so glad I came across all the info on this forum, especially concerning the data charges on the 3G tracfones. I got my S390G from HSN, and have been trying hard to like it. Did get wifi to work, which was a huge PRO for this phone. But using LG's with Tracfone for years, my current one being the LG500g, I have amassed 280 contacts, lots of notes and ToDo's and Calender entries and other things that won't transfer easily to the S390G. The contacts I would have to transfer one at the time, and then massively edit them. I keep a lot of Notes on my phones, many with far more than the 100 character limit of the S390G Notes (1000 characters on the LG500g), making this use of the S390G useless for me. Same problem with my ToDo's (I think they are Tasks on the S390G). So I had several issues with the S390G that were due to the features I had been making extensive use of on my LG500 that I couldn't do on the S390G. I was still trying to like the phone, thinking I could possibly download apps that would let me do the things I was doing on the LG.

Also, as nice as having wifi was, I had to wear reading glasses much of the time to browse on the S390G, as well as to read some of the menus and use the calendar. The screen fonts are adjustable on the LG500g, so I never had to use glasses. The keyboard on the S390G actually worked OK for me, but the lettering on the keys lacked contrast to see easily, so I again had to wear glasses. Nice thing the S390G keyboard does different, however, is if you hold down a key a little longer, it capitalizes the letter you are typing, without you having to hit the caps button. Nice touch! But I could live without the automatic period insertion the spacebar does when you press it down fully, as I got more unintended periods than intended ones.

Yet I was still thinking of keeping the S390G because it is a nice phone and my issues were due more to personal preference and coming from an LG phone to this one. But coming across the data charge issue did it for me. Although I don't use the browser much now, and was planning to browse with the S390G in wifi areas, I do text, which is why I have a QWERTY. And I do send MMS messages. Charging a lot more for faster 3G browsing I could live with due to the wifi option, though I think their formula for how much to charge needs refining, to put it nicely. AND IT NEEDS TO BE REVEALED TO PEOPLE PURCHASING THESE PHONES. They had no problem displaying ".3 units per text" on the packages on the older tracfones. I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that with the 3G Data rates, although I bet they wouldn't hesitate to put "NO DATA RESTRICTIONS" on the packages (with an * of course!). But they could at least put the correct rate info in the Terms and Conditions, instead of it being a secret not even the customer service reps know about.

BUT, the excessive rates to send MMS messages was the final straw. I'm sending the same amount of data as I was on the LG, but paying many multiples more for it. Heck, send my MMS by Edge or 2G, and charge what you used to for that, that seems fair. But for me, my ST390G has been reset, restored (removes all user data) and repackaged to return to HSN on Monday.

For those who like the ST390G, they like it because it is a really nice phone, especially for a Tracfone. So don't think I wrote all this to say this phone's no good. No, it's just that what Tracfone is doing on the MMS data rates for their 3G phones that is no good, and that added to the other personal preference issues I ran across was enough for me to send it back.

Feedback Score

Never Mind about a SKYPE App.

In an earlier post I pondered if it would be possible to install a Skype app to make calls. Never mind - the new data charges for the 3G phones would make this a very bad idea...

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM3997 View Post
    In an earlier post I pondered if it would be possible to install a Skype app to make calls. Never mind - the new data charges for the 3G phones would make this a very bad idea...
    It'd be OK over wi-fi.

Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast