Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Starting 5/27, new smartphones will be subject to current rate plans...

Phone
    LG Optimus F6 (Unlocked, Rooted, & De-bloated)
    Carrier
    Ptel, Lyca, AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    If VM doesn't come out with some new plans to compete with T-Mobile or Simple Mobile, and just forces everyone who upgrades to a new phone to go with the existing higher priced plans, then I'm jumping ship too.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    So, does this imply that there is no additional 4G fee? I don't think this precludes one, honestly.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Maybe this is their way of charging extra for 4g Wimax. If that's the case, I don't really mind paying an extra $10. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in the One V even a little, so unless the Evo gets released, I'm going to head to Straight Talk as well.

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Phone
    iPhone_5S, Lumia_635
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, at&t_GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    The page that the text message links to (vm.tmce.biz/wap4?app=virginmobile&c=vir&NEXT=P31 ) has a curious statement on it:

"To best complete a phone swap, we recommend waiting until your plan month is finished. This will avoid you having to pay for one month of service twice."

Why would an ESN change cause you to pay twice? I've swapped phones on VM mid month with no extra charges. It seems like a misleading statement designed to encourage users to put off switching until too late.
    No, not misleading. If you try to switch from one service tier (Beyond Talk) to a different service tier (PayLo) the same applies. This might be an indication that the new 4G service will be a different tier. Since the message indicates the rates are the same as the current ones, 4G phones may be subjected to a separate 4G fee while 3G only devices continue on the current rate plans. That would be great for the millions of subscribers that live outside of WiMax coverage areas.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using HowardForums
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Feedback Score
    So does that mean if I upgrade my intercept to a new phone in June (or whenever), then I will have to pay the new VM rate? Even if I switch from the intercept to the OV? If that is the case, then I guess Straight Talk or net10 will be the way to go. I will just keep the old plan, the old intercept, and give it to my daughter.

Feedback Score
    Their wording seems to imply that your monthly charge increases only if you upgrade to a new phone released in May of 2012 or later. So if this is true, you can upgrade to ov and still keep the 25 plan.

Feedback Score
    I was holding on to my OV hoping the $25 plan could move to a nice 4.5" display, ICS phone "sometime" this year. Now that it won't, I'll be switching back to Paylo, and using my Galaxy Player as my main device (as I have been for the past 3 months). Was just hoping to switch back to one device, but the OV screen is just too small.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exuberance View Post
    yeah, it looks something like this:
    Attachment 80795
    Love it. The 'shop, not the truth behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcross8361 View Post
    We're technically not unlimited. We have a 2.5 gb cap.
    Throttle, not cap. There's a big difference thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    It is a good deal even at 35.00 a month.

I understand that 10.00 may be a lot of money to some (as it seems to be the group complaining the loudest) but it's only 5.00 more on the 1200 plan and no difference with unlimited.
    It's a bad deal because customers are being forced to pay more for service that is becoming less. Do most customers have the more expensive plans? Heavens no.

Quote Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
    I was holding on to my OV hoping the $25 plan could move to a nice 4.5" display, ICS phone "sometime" this year. Now that it won't, I'll be switching back to Paylo, and using my Galaxy Player as my main device (as I have been for the past 3 months). Was just hoping to switch back to one device, but the OV screen is just too small.
    I'm okay with keeping a Slider for life because it tethers to any other phone I might use in the future (hint hint). But am I covered if the Slider breaks down, even if LG replaces it? I suddenly, seriously doubt it.
    Last edited by primetechv2; 04-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exuberance View Post
    Their wording seems to imply that your monthly charge increases only if you upgrade to a new phone released in May of 2012 or later. So if this is true, you can upgrade to ov and still keep the 25 plan.
    I'm reading it the negative way: "Starting 5/27 [almost universally higher non-grandfathered rates] will apply if you switch phones"

Feedback Score
    I won’t be getting the new wimax phones for a few reasons:
    First and most important, it is not available in my area
    They will most likely sell the phones for around 250-300.00, when you can get a Sprint refurb for 200.00
    wimax support is going away no later than 2015 according to Sprint, sooner if they can.
    I think I will just buy an OV or maybe even a triumph, and let my daughter use it. I think I will just have to bite the bullet and pay 45.00 a month to ST or Net10 or something.
    The only reason I am ok with my old intercept and the horrible data speeds, is because I am in a wi-fi area pretty much all the time now a days. My need for actual data is minimal.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primetechv2

It's a bad deal because customers are being forced to pay more for service that is becoming less. Do most customers have the more expensive plans? Heavens no.
    It's only a lesser deal to those on the grandfathered 25.00 a month plan. The sustainability of that plan was doomed from the start. Some will not mind the increase if the device is worthy. Enough people will stay and pay more that will more than make up the difference of those that leave.
    Sprint has already learned this on postpaid.

I have a 1 month old Optimus and it's just a secondary line that I use for a specific purpose. I don't much care about this change as the phone should last me a while.

I wish the Triumph was a decent phone, Wally Mart still has them for 188.00

Sent from my Infuse 4G

Feedback Score
    Could someone post the text that VMUSA sent out?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    VMFreeMsg Starting 5/27/12, new smartphones will be subject to current plan rates. This will apply if you switch phones. Go to http://msg4u.us/src for info

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So... we can always upgrade to a Triumph or a Slider and keep the grandfathered plan?

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuman View Post
    So... we can always upgrade to a Triumph or a Slider and keep the grandfathered plan?
    This is extremely doubtful. "if you switch phones," you "will be subject to current plan rates."

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast