Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Huawei Activa 4G LTE!

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score

New Huawei Activa 4G LTE!

Got in the new info about this new Huawei Activa 4G phone....my opinion "more headache for us deelers"..lol..

Features:
    •4G LTE

•Android 2.3 Gingerbread

•3.5" HVGA, capacitive touch

•5.0 megapixel camera w/flash & front-facing VGA camera

•DTS Envelo technology

•Memory: Internal- 120MB / Extenal- up to 32GB

•Battery capacity: 1880mAh, Standby Time: 200 hours, Talk Time: 6 hours

•Physical Dimensions: 4.57 * 2.44 * 0.5 inches.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    More headache from that sh*tty company. Thought the same thing when I saw the material yesterday.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG160.jpeg
Views: 4538
Size:  84.9 KB
    This is how it looks, good luck to us in the stores.....LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eL_ciiego.PCS View Post
    Name:  IMG160.jpeg
Views: 4538
Size:  84.9 KB
    This is how it looks, good luck to us in the stores.....LOL
    Nice info bro thanks why is it a headache is it because it Huawei? sorry I don't get it I mean people that are not tech savy and want 4g this might be a good budget phone.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome, its going to be a headache because huawei phones are not good, always something wrong, ect..LOL...but it is going to be a good phone for the people that are not looking to spend a lot for a phone like LG Connect or Esteem...Lets see when it drops the real deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eL_ciiego.PCS View Post
    Your welcome, its going to be a headache because huawei phones are not good, always something wrong, ect..LOL...but it is going to be a good phone for the people that are not looking to spend a lot for a phone like LG Connect or Esteem...Lets see when it drops the real deal.
    Yeah Huawei is a mess but who knows maybe this phone will be ok it should be in the price range of 180 to 200 my guess

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Phone
    Lg Connect 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    It looks like a solid phone

Sent from my LG-MS840 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score
    Do you know what the processor is?

Sent from my SPH-M920 using HowardForums

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2828 View Post
    Nice info bro thanks why is it a headache is it because it Huawei? sorry I don't get it I mean people that are not tech savy and want 4g this might be a good budget phone.
    It's just Huawei has a bad reputation for quality. That don't use good quality parts. They don't design well. They take advantage of their customers' ignorance.

Like the LG Optimus and Huawei Ascend both came out at the same time, in late 2010. (LG Optimus was Metro's first Android)

• But the Optimus had 2.2 Froyo, while the Ascend had 2.1 Eclair.

Why? Both companies had access to the same "free" software. Froyo had been out for six months by that time. Showed laziness on Huawei's part.

• The Optimus had 600 MHz CPU, while the Ascend had 528 MHz CPU.

OK, you can make an argument that slower CPU made the phone more affordable. I'll even give you that one.

But... the REAL difference was

• the LG had 512 MB RAM, while the Ascend only had 256 MB RAM.

It ran sluggishly, couldn't play Angry Birds... It was badly designed. Huawei cheaped out and/or was incompetent. Just a little extra RAM would have made it a MUCH better phone and wouldn't have really raised costs. Huawei knew that, I'm sure, but didn't care. All they cared was that it turned on. They didn't care about user experience.

Almost every Android since 2010 has had 512MB RAM. But they put in 256MB RAM. And if they had put Froyo on from the beginning, it would have at least managed that PUNY amount of RAM better. (Many months later, they supplied a Froyo update but it could have come with it from the beginning.)

Think of vehicles. It's like selling a pickup truck with 90 horsepower and tires that are only good for 1,000 miles. (if you don't know about cars, most pickup trucks have 250 hp or more -- for hauling cargo and towing -- while a sub-compact like the Toyota Yaris has just 106 HP. A few cars may have a little less HP, but not many, and you sure wouldn't manufacture a pickup truck with 90 hp and 1,000 mile tires. There's a certain minimum standard you expect when you buy a "pickup truck". The only people you would be able to sell to are people who don't know ANYTHING about vehicles, and then they would have a very bad user experience when trying to use such a vehicle as a pickup truck. Same with manufacturing an Android smartphone.

Stuff like that (old OS, puny RAM) hurt Huawei's reputation. BUT, companies can change. In vehicle manufacturing Hyundai make a good turnaround and Kia is trying hard to do the same, after both were bashed early on for quality concerns. Let's hope Huawei learned a lesson and has done better with this LTE Android.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 04-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    It's just Huawei has a bad reputation for quality. That don't use good quality parts. They don't design well. They take advantage of their customers.

Like the LG Optimus and Huawei Ascend both came out at the same time, in late 2010. (LG Optimus was Metro's first Android)

• But the Optimus had 2.2 Froyo, while the Ascend had 2.1 Eclair.

Why? Both companies had access to the same "free" software. Froyo had been out for six months by that time. Shows laziness on Huawei's part.

• The Optimus had 600 MHz CPU, while the Ascend had 528 MHz CPU.

OK, you can make an argument that slower CPU made the phone more affordable. I'll even give you that one.

But... the REAL difference was

• the LG had 512 MB RAM, while the Ascend only had 256 MB RAM.

It ran sluggishly, couldn't play Angry Birds... It was badly designed. Huawei cheaped out. Just a little extra RAM would have made it a MUCH better phone and wouldn't have really raised costs. Huawei knew that, I'm sure, but didn't care. All they cared was that it turned on. They didn't crew about user experience.

Almost every Android since 2010 has had 512MB RAM. But they put in 256MB RAM. And if they had put Froyo on from the beginning, it would have at least managed that PUNY amount of RAM better.

Think of vehicles. It's like selling a pickup truck with 90 horsepower and tires that are only good for 1,000 miles. (if you don't know about cars, most pickup trucks have 250 hp or more (for towing), while a Toyota Yaris mini-car has 106 HP. Some cars have a little less, but you wouldn't manufacture a pickup truck with 90 hp and 1,000 mile tires. The only people you would sell to are people who don't know ANYTHING about vehicles, and then they will have a very bad user experience.

Stuff like that (old OS, puny RAM) hurt Huawei's reputation. BUT, companies can change. Hyundai make a good turnaround and Kia is trying hard to do the same, after both were bashed for quality concerns. Let's hope Huawei learned a lesson.
    Yess or its like putting a 2 megapixel camera on a phone. Its just wrong. Another example is these new devices with 2.3 android. Thats just idk crazy

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums
    Sent from my G2 From T-Mobile

Carrier
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    the design is ugly and simple, on the other hand it looks like the battery life will be good. Agree Huawei does not put decent work into their phones. at least people who don't want to spend a lot of money will now get a 5mp camera and AOS 2.3 for a cheap price
    Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
    Pancho Villa

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Might be worth getting to replace my Samsung Galaxy Indulge...it's nearing the end of it's life anyway...one way or another :-)

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    If it was a dual core proc and had decent internal storage it would be a good buy. Don't hate on a company for quality when Metro choses which hand sets to carry and they have chosen Huawei to be the low end provider along with ZTE however Huawei makes one of the best prepaid smart phone option. Great specs, good quality it only lacks LTE but that is because it was picke up by cricket I am sure they could do the same for Metro with a LTE radio as well. check out the Mercury here http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phones...i-mercury-m886

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Benefit of the doubt should be given till moment of truth when finally it reaches your hands i say the phone looks nize but i am curious about something and im gonna google it after im type this what is up with the dts technology i know it envolves audio but will have to see whats special about it.The back cover i like cuz it looks like its carbon fiber.

never mind i searched and its suppose to be surrund sound quality like sound on mobile devices. dosnt really amuse me but ill give this company a point just for that.

http://www.dts.com/professionals/sou...ts-envelo.aspx

Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Well at least in terms of looks its meh. There's way too much bezel at the bottom of the screen. The buttons are in an ocean of black plastic :/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast