Thread: Unlocked iPhone 3GS need prepaid service for heavy data user

Feedback Score

Unlocked iPhone 3GS need prepaid service for heavy data user

I need a prepaid service that will let me enable my 3G button so i can play some appstore online games.. Order & Chaos for example.. I'll pay whatever and buy any sim whats best carrier fast speeds and alot of data?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HighAndTrolling View Post
    I need a prepaid service that will let me enable my 3G button so i can play some appstore online games.. Order & Chaos for example.. I'll pay whatever and buy any sim whats best carrier fast speeds and alot of data?
    Straight Talk/Net10. Unlimited everything for $45 a month. Full Att 3g speeds. Unknown throttle/cap.
    Red Pocket/Jolt Mobile: Unlimited talk/text/2gb data for $60 a month. Nearly full Att 3G speeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Straight Talk/Net10. Unlimited everything for $45 a month. Full Att 3g speeds. Unknown throttle/cap.
    Red Pocket/Jolt Mobile: Unlimited talk/text/2gb data for $60 a month. Nearly full Att 3G speeds.
    straight talk/net10 is no good for heavy data use,there is a rumored 2gb a month data limit anything over that will get you booted real fast

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Stay far far away from ST.

Unless T-Mobile opens up 3/4G on 1900Mhz in your area your prepaid options are mostly limited to a 2GB cap.

Repeat, stay far far away from Straight Talk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Agree with the warning about ST.
    there is also a rumored 100mb/day limit, ST doesnt throttle, they kick you out and you will lose your number.
    the monthly limit is evolving and a couple of HoFoers have gotten the warnings at 1.2-1.3 gigs in a month, so the 2 gigs is not clear anymore.
    ATT has very limited data options, Tmo will give you edge speed on the iphone, so you are stuck, Redpocket or jolt for 2 gigs.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I have to disagree with you guys about ST. It's awesome.

The guideline is no more than 100MB, 2GB a month. I'm pretty all the users who were booted at 1.2GB, used more than the 100MB a day limit, for several days. I've used 150MB a day for 3 days without any issues.
    Last edited by Mr.Mischief; 04-30-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Feedback Score
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm not a big ST fan but it does have the lowest price point. Though RP/Jolt have a bigger price point, you get reliability and predictably as a worth tradeoff.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    As per the OP:

"so i can play some appstore online games.. Order & Chaos for example......and alot of data"

That right there should ring the NO STRAIGHT TALK ALARM BELL......................

Let's get out of "the lowest price point" mindset as it's not what this scenario involves. The OP has indicated that he/she will pay whatever.

The biggest hindrance here is the device as T-Mobile (assuming there is 3/4G service in the area needed) is about the best way to go on either the 30 or 70 a month plan with 5GB of data.

Feedback Score
    As per quick draw reply to every comment I've ever written on Hofo per Bill m. This gives the OP a choice. It's up to them if the 25% diff in price matters or not. I personally have already stated my view on ST. So I'm ending it here on my end before we get into our usual back and forth rocking chair discussions . Capice?

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    As per quick draw reply to every comment I've ever written on Hofo per Bill m. This gives the OP a choice. It's up to them if the 25% diff in price matters or not. I personally have already stated my view on ST. So I'm ending it here on my end before we get into our usual back and forth rocking chair discussions . Capice?
    If I was responding to you or Mr.Mischief I would have used quotes. You obviously didn't "capice" the OP as it's clearly stated that a lot of data is needed. Why would anyone suggest ANY MVNO with draconian data policies?

Get out of the bargain basement mindset here. Although understandably very common, price (as per the OP) is not of the concern here.

There is no good option using that iPhone with prepaid with lots of 3/4G data unless the OP is in a market that T-Mobile has opened up 1900Mhz for data. Even that requires jailbreaking and unlocking the device.
    Last edited by billm261; 04-30-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    If you go with T-Mobile and a T-Mobile Android, you can get 5GB's of data, unlimited texting, and 100 minutes for $30 a month. The game Order & Chaos is made for Android as well.