Thread: "Unlimited" data truely "unlimited" (within reason..)?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

"Unlimited" data truely "unlimited" (within reason..)?

There is much discussion over on the ST board about the BYOD. Not planning on beating that dead horse.. don't worry. Just mentioning it as a reference since it's (mostly) using AT&T's network.

Is AT&T's GoPhone service truely "unlimited" for the Quick Msssaging phones? By that I mean in the sense of no daily limits (~100MB/day for ST).. and no specific monthly ceiling that if you hit it, you will be terminated (~2GB/mo for ST)?

This is assuming you are NOT tethering somehow to your phone and NOT doing constantly downloading for 8 hours a day... pulling down 1GB/day.

But for actual web browsing on the phone.. with say Opera (even if it's much more browsing than the 'average' user does), some youtube viewing (probably average amount), and maps/GPS (maybe more than average). If I end up using on average 150MB/day (about 4.5GB/mo) by using the phone itself without tethering... would this be a violation of AT&T's TOS and grounds for termination?

I would guess that buying prepaid service directly would create a situation where you're less likely to be terminated vs a reseller like ST since it comes direct from the source.. not a repackaged service.

Wondering if anyone consumes roughly this amount of data on the $50/mo unlimited GoPhone plan for a long period of time and not been threatened or terminated?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow... nobody?