Thread: Google Voice and Tracfone lg800g Dialpad Problem

Feedback Score

Google Voice and Tracfone lg800g Dialpad Problem

I have a Tracfone lg800g that I'm trying to use with Google Voice. Everything works fine except for one thing: when I phone my Google Voice number and it rings my lg800g, I can't get GV to recognize that I've entered a "1" in the dialpad to accept the call, or in fact that I've entered any number at all. My regular Tracfone voicemail works fine; in fact, if I hold down the "1" key on the dialpad when I'm trying to accept a GV call, I wind up accessing my Tracfone voicemail-- so I know that the dialpad is working properly.

I normally have the dialpad touch effects turned off, so there's no touch sound when I hit a key on the dialpad, and my voicemail still works fine. But just to test with GV I turned on the touch effect sounds and that still made no difference: GV still didn't pick up the dialpad number entry.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this? I'd really like to get Google Voice working on this phone.

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    I have the same problem. I am not sure if it is the phone. I purchased both a Tracfone and a Net10 version of the LG800G two months ago for my wife and I. During the first month, I had no issues using Google Voice with either phone. I normally route my outgoing calls through Google Voice so that my Google Voice number will display on outgoing calls. Since last month, Google Voice no longer recognizes tones from either phone, but has no problems recognizing them from my land line. Sorry, I don't have a work-around for this. That is why I came here. You may disable the need to enter a pin number or enter "1" by changing your settings at the Google Voice website, but that doesn't resolve all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by tashedelek View Post
    I have a Tracfone lg800g that I'm trying to use with Google Voice. Everything works fine except for one thing: when I phone my Google Voice number and it rings my lg800g, I can't get GV to recognize that I've entered a "1" in the dialpad to accept the call, or in fact that I've entered any number at all. My regular Tracfone voicemail works fine; in fact, if I hold down the "1" key on the dialpad when I'm trying to accept a GV call, I wind up accessing my Tracfone voicemail-- so I know that the dialpad is working properly.

I normally have the dialpad touch effects turned off, so there's no touch sound when I hit a key on the dialpad, and my voicemail still works fine. But just to test with GV I turned on the touch effect sounds and that still made no difference: GV still didn't pick up the dialpad number entry.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this? I'd really like to get Google Voice working on this phone.

Thanks...