Thread: Best navigation app for bionic

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Best navigation app for bionic

What is the best navigation app? Im using google atm and its ok and ive used verizon nav before and it's ok just pricey
    At $10 a month. I've been looking at copilot if anyone has any opinions

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You don't say what you need.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well i mostly use it to find a store around where i am and maybe to find a faster way to get home from work instead of sitting in traffic. I was mostly interested in overall opinions. Also if i do use another nav app what happens when i put my phone into my car dock?

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Google Navigation is by far the best one out there for Android. It has more features, and tends to be more accurate (at least in my experience), than the other options. I only fall back to other navigation apps when I'm going to be without cellular service. I've used both CoPilot and Navigon for offline navigation, and they both do fine, but they're not up to the level of Google Navigation if I have that option.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. Can google nav search, eg stores? I just use the browser>maps>turn by turn.

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use Google Nav the most, since it's free, has the satellite view, and works pretty well. The only thing that the VZNav has going for it is the automatic re-routing if there's an accident on a road that you will be driving on. From what I tell Google Nav doesn't do that, but does show an accident icon on the screen.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Have you checked out Waze? A guy told me about it and it is actually pretty nice (and free). It is a community supported navigation app. As you drive down the street you can mark traffic jams, cars on the road, cops, etc. Than everyone else can see what you marked and you can see theirs.
    I have also found it is really good and finding alternate routes to avoid traffic. It had me exit the highway and get back on to avoid a traffic jam, which actually worked great (saved me a couple of minutes).

The more people that contribute the more accurate it will get.

It shows you other people that have Waze active, which is kind of funny when you pass them and try and figure out which car it was.

I also found a spot on the highway which Google Nav can't handle, it won't route along the highway for some reason while Waze does. It is weird.

But Google Nav does look more traditional, maybe cleaner.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Agreed. Can google nav search, eg stores? I just use the browser>maps>turn by turn.
    Yeah, you can search in the Type Destination field. If you want more searching capabilities, use the Google Places app that comes pre-installed. It will let you search or tell you what's around you when it comes to stores, restaurants, banks, gas stations, attractions, etc. Pretty much anything. And it directly links to Navigation. I use Places a lot if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.