Thread: Incredible 2 Bluetooth connection drops

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Incredible 2 Bluetooth connection drops

I have a Droid Incredible 2 and use the SOny bluetooth BT-30 stereo headset for listening. During a routine mountain hike, the signal drops, or just skips...like a hiccup. The phone is on my waist and the headset attached to my hat. The only issue I see is that the phone signal changed from 3G to 1x during the course of the hike which is in a canyon. When I return to "civilization" and the 3G signal is strong, then there is absolutely no problem.

The only thing I can figure is that the wireless, phone and bluetooth signals are all intertwined and somehow linked. I find it a bit annoying. Note that I can do the same hike with an iPod Touch with the bluetooth signal and there is no drop.

I sent a note to HTC and they just told me to reset the bluetooth connection (you know, like reboot the computer!). Forget about calling Verizon for help as I would not expect anything useful there.

Any thoughts?

Sal

Feedback Score
    My incredi ble 2 drops my connection on ANY device hooked to it, I've tried 4 things. Works fine for a few minutes then the call is back at the phone, causing me to grab it quickly and do the "are you still there" thing. I hate it. Clearly a defective phone but to get it just right I had to root it and configure it. Have not mustered up the energy to swap phones. An unrooted droid type phone on PP is asking for data trouble. It was a pain to root it. I'll do it eventually, I see incredible 2 for sale online all the time. Too bad the signal capture is so weak on it. In my office I can't make calls it's so weak, other than that I love it.

Feedback Score
    I also had problems with blue tooth dropping with a jabra wave and poor signal. I'm much happier now on a DROIDX but that's just personal preference. I had the earpiece goe bad on my inc 2 also and decided it was time to try something else.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I basically just put up with it. I think there is a problem with the wireless component. Based on teh symptoms, I would bet that the wireless and internet signals in addition to the bluetooth are all linked and that when the interent drops the bluetooth goes with it. I have some hope in ICS helping, but otherwise I will just wait for my contract to cycle through and get something else.