Thread: Verizon ESN check

Feedback Score

Verizon ESN check

I am attempting to create a website that allows users to check ESN/MEID numbers from all major carriers for free. The purpose is to cut down on all the stolen phone sales, and allow people who buy used phones to verify that the ESN's are clean before purchasing.

I am getting no response from any major carrier when I request API approval. Most carriers have a dedicated site. There are similar site doing this now. Does anyone know where I can start on this project? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    The government is fixing to make a website for stolen phones for the top four carriers. I think it will be up and running in about 6 months. It will be like the "DO NOT CALL LIST". Most of the time sellers of the phone will not give you the.esn anyway. You will not know until you purchased the phone.

Feedback Score
    Wow interesting.. I had no idea this was being worked on.

Sorry OP - don't know anything about how to get the info you're after.

Holla if you hear me....

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just remember that there are two lists. One for lost and stolen phones. The other for phones associated with accounts in bad standing (past due, etc).

A phone could be on neither list one day, and be added to a list the very next day (or very next minute if you have really bad luck).

BTW, it is actually better for sellers to not publicly list a phone's ESN. If done, its too easy for someone to "borrow" the ESN, for example, to release/replace their own phone's ESN.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcel1 View Post
    The government is fixing to make a website for stolen phones for the top four carriers. I think it will be up and running in about 6 months. It will be like the "DO NOT CALL LIST". Most of the time sellers of the phone will not give you the.esn anyway. You will not know until you purchased the phone.
    This was reported in the news a few months ago. While Verizon has always been very good with blacklisting stolen phones, the GSM carriers, not so much. Everyone knew that if you had a stolen GSM phone, you simply had to stick your good SIM card in there and the phone would start working. The push by the government to get all of the carriers on board was prompted by the huge increase in thefts and armed robberies in the big cities because of Apple products. Victims are picked out by the ubiquitous white headsets. A few months ago, a guy in NYC was shot and killed on his way from home from work and the only thing the shooter took was his iPhone.

Feedback Score
    check esn free dot com

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good luck it will be a great tool for usera