Thread: Retentions Success?

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Retentions Success?

Hi everyone,

I've been with Koodo for exactly one year and have been very satisfied with the service. However, my monthly bill is typically around $100 (unlimited Canada-wide, unlimited text, data usage, etc). I was considering giving Koodo a call to see if they could offer me any discounts. Has anyone had any success with Koodo's retention department? I'd like to have an idea of how to approach the situation before I call in. If it doesn't work, perhaps I'll give Wind a shot!

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I called Koodo for a friend in December (before CID became included in plans) and inquired about the cost of cancelling and going to Wind to get a better deal. They quickly offered free CID. My friend took this offer...but ended up cancelling recently and porting out anyway.

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been with Koodo for a long time, a while ago they gave me 6gb of data for retention deal, and free caller Id and voicemail. But most recently they gave me a free $150 positive tab for free to upgrade my phone. But then recently that phone crapped out on me and I phoned Koodo to see what they could do. Rey gave me a iPhone 4 for free and just sign a 2 year contract and they also credited my account for the next 6 months. Koodo is amazing at retention deals to keep long time loyal customers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frontier View Post
    I've been with Koodo for a long time, a while ago they gave me 6gb of data for retention deal, and free caller Id and voicemail. But most recently they gave me a free $150 positive tab for free to upgrade my phone. But then recently that phone crapped out on me and I phoned Koodo to see what they could do. Rey gave me a iPhone 4 for free and just sign a 2 year contract and they also credited my account for the next 6 months. Koodo is amazing at retention deals to keep long time loyal customers.
    We've been waiting a long time to see a screen shot of your account showing this mythical 6gb data. Until then it didn't happen.

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry, but I don't show my private information online. But I can assure everyone that in deed I got the 6gb data. So has my brother and a few friends of mine as well. It's not hard to get these offers. A simple call to Koodo customer service, and it also depends how long you've been a Koodo customer.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
    Archived: Motorola Milestone, HTC Touch Diamond CDMA, LG 8100, Samsung A540
    Retired: Panasonic Allure TX310, Nokia 5100 Series PAYG
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Blur/black out any personal info. If it really is true, you should have no trouble showing us.

Otherwise you either come off as a troll or even worse, someone who creates false hope and gets people to call in and ask about a plan that doesn't exist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It might be simple for you, but for me it's not possible, I don't have a computer, I'm using my cellphone to post this. And second i do not have a camera to take a picture on the screen shot on my cellphone and third if it were possible it would to be small in size. And 4 I have no idea how to post pictures on this post

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to give it a shot in a few months when Wind launches in my city. I'm on the $50 Canada Wide Data plan which essentially includes everything already, so I would like to see if I could get a boost to my data limit if possible
    LG Rumour (Virgin Mobile 2008-2009)
    Motorola KRZR (Koodo 2009-2010)
    Motorola RAZR (Telus 2010-2010)
    Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (Wind Oct.2010-Jan.2011)
    Samsung Gravity II (Wind Jan.2011-Oct.2011)
    Samsung Gravity II (Rogers Summer 2011)
    Google Nexus S (Wind Oct.2011-Mar.2012)
    Google Nexus S (Koodo Mar.2012-Present)

I change often...

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRodrigez View Post
    I'm going to give it a shot in a few months when Wind launches in my city. I'm on the $50 Canada Wide Data plan which essentially includes everything already, so I would like to see if I could get a boost to my data limit if possible
    Robelus won't compete with wind - if you mention wind they will say that. I did this once with them.

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Robelus won't compete with wind - if you mention wind they will say that. I did this once with them.

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums
    There have been posts in these forums where people have said they will (refer to Jeferson's post in this very thread). There's not much point for Robelus to not offer retentions if you bring up the new guys since they are the only ones worth switching to these days anyways.

Feedback Score
    I work at Koodo can confirm that there is no 6GB plan in the system

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frontier View Post
    It might be simple for you, but for me it's not possible, I don't have a computer, I'm using my cellphone to post this. And second i do not have a camera to take a picture on the screen shot on my cellphone and third if it were possible it would to be small in size. And 4 I have no idea how to post pictures on this post
    A cellphone that has 3G/4G but absolutely no camera? What is this smartphone you speak of? From your past posts, it looks like you are using the Nexus S.
    Why be stubborn about something you don't want to prove?