Thread: T-mobile Prepaid Expiration Date extensions

Feedback Score

T-mobile Prepaid Expiration Date extensions

Hi all, not sure if it was posted before, but I couldn't find it.

I have been a long time T-mobile prepaid user. Needless to say that I am a Gold Rewards member. In the old days, I was able to switch back and forth from the Pay as you go and Pay by the Day plans and extend my expiration date by a year without refilling . After that was replaced by the New Pay by the Day plans, I was able to extend it by 90 days by switching to and using it for a day, and switching back.

It looks like that loophole has also been closed. I cannot find any other way to extend my expiration date and am expecting to pony up and add a refill. I should also mention that you NEED to be on the Pay As You Go plan to get the full 365 days. If you refill while on the other plans, the expiration date of your balance will only extend 90 days.
    Last edited by i.guitar.00; 05-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Alcatel One Touch Fierce :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Alcaltel OneTouch Fierce ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    You tried to refill and get the year extension recently? May 1st?

A few days ago I added a $10 refill to my Gold Rewards account which is Grandfathered in on the old $1 a day plan and was extended another year.
    I'm hoping that they didn't change this because I have another Gold Rewards account also on the old Pay by the Day plan and I'd really be annoyed if they did this, that one has an August expiration and I don't really want to add a refill to it until a closer date to expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by i.guitar.00 View Post
    Hi all, not sure if it was posted before, but I couldn't find it.

I have been a long time T-mobile prepaid user. Needless to say that I am a Gold Rewards member. In the old days, I was able to extend my expiration date by switching to the old Pay by the Day 24hr data pass. After that was replaced by the New Pay by the Day plans, I was able to extend it by 90 days by switching to and using it for a day, and switching back.

It looks like that loophole has also been closed. I cannot find any other way to extend my expiration date and am expecting to pony up and add a refill. I should also mention that you NEED to be on the Pay As You Go plan to get the full 365 days. If you refill while on the other plans, the expiration date of your balance will expire in 90 days.
    After I heard about the T~Mobile ~ Sprint merger

Feedback Score
    Sorry, reread the first post and it looks kinda confusing. I just don't know how else to explain it.

O, I don't really remember the last time I refilled, but it has to be at least 2 years ago. There used to be a loophole where if you switched plans, the system would treat it as refill/payment and your expiration date will get extended. Since I was a Golds member, changing to the old Pay by the Day and switching back to Pay as You Go would extend it a whole year, while switching to the new Pay by the Day plan that replaced that would extend it 90 days.

I have a fairly large amount of balance already, and won't be able to use it up anytime soon. I have been able to avoid refilling the minimum $10 to extend my service, but it looks like it is over now.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    You tried to refill and get the year extension recently? May 1st?

A few days ago I added a $10 refill to my Gold Rewards account which is Grandfathered in on the old $1 a day plan and was extended another year.
    I'm hoping that they didn't change this because I have another Gold Rewards account also on the old Pay by the Day plan and I'd really be annoyed if they did this, that one has an August expiration and I don't really want to add a refill to it until a closer date to expiration.

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Alcatel One Touch Fierce :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Alcaltel OneTouch Fierce ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Ah ha!!!

Yes, I remember that some of us called it the 'switch glitch'.
    Switching back and forth and it adding another year.

I was just hoping that they had not changed the usual addition of a year since I am Gold and also Pay by the Day.
    I know it worked getting my year extension on one of my accounts a few days ago, but we know they could change that any time, like when they took away the Pay by the Day plan but let us who are on it keep it.
    But we will never be able to switch away and back to this plan again.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by i.guitar.00 View Post
    Sorry, reread the first post and it looks kinda confusing. I just don't know how else to explain it.

O, I don't really remember the last time I refilled, but it has to be at least 2 years ago. There used to be a loophole where if you switched plans, the system would treat it as refill/payment and your expiration date will get extended. Since I was a Golds member, changing to the old Pay by the Day and switching back to Pay as You Go would extend it a whole year, while switching to the new Pay by the Day plan that replaced that would extend it 90 days.

I have a fairly large amount of balance already, and won't be able to use it up anytime soon. I have been able to avoid refilling the minimum $10 to extend my service, but it looks like it is over now.

Phones
    Nokia x2
    Nokia X2
    Nokia X2
    Carriers
    Idea
    Tata
    Feedback Score
    I think first of all you need to visit T-mobile prepaid customer care i think you may be solve your all problems there and in my opinion you don't worry about your date extensions because you can easily extent it by 90 days in very short term or there will be a little process for this.

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I remember the "switch glitch". It worked in the past but that hole was plugged.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaidonmitchell View Post
    I think first of all you need to visit T-mobile prepaid customer care i think you may be solve your all problems there and in my opinion you don't worry about your date extensions because you can easily extent it by 90 days in very short term or there will be a little process for this.
    Not sure what you mean here. I just wanted to let anyone who is still relying on the switch glitch that it's over. It worked for me as recent as earlier this year around February. I just refilled 10 dollars and have a whole year again.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HowardForums