Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Porting from Straight Talk to Another Carrier

Feedback Score

Porting from Straight Talk to Another Carrier

I'm planning to port from Straight Talk to another carrier and I'm trying to gather the information the new carrier will request before I start the process. Does anyone know what the account number and pin would be for Straight Talk?

Is there any other information I need that will be difficult to find?

Feedback Score
    Im also looking for what info is needed. I have something to add though. I have successfully ported a number off to Verizon. But this was not without a hitch. The hitch was while in Verizon Store with the Rep - we put in the phone number xxx-xxx-1234 as the account number. Almost instantly on the line - the customer service lady says "we've received a delay notice from Straight talk". To me this sounds some info (account No) was incorrect and the porting system gave a message that this would need more work - i.e. VZW calling ST.

I then waited a good 20 hours - then proceeded to write an email to ST - asking the number to be ported.
    I got a call back from ST saying the number had been released to Verizon. It should be noted - when I ported from Sprint into Striaght talk it was relatively hassle free.

So the morale of the story - the phone number is most likely not the account number.

Carrier
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    Someone stated in another thread that the account number is actually the last digits of the SIMID, the underlined portion that you used to activate the sim originally.
    “A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
    that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
    From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
    who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
    with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
    due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

-Alexander Tyler

Feedback Score
    Please be informed that the Account number for Straight Talk Wireless isthe Serial number of the phone associated with phone number. However,*you have mentioned that it is not Straight Talk phone and you were*currently under to Bring Your Own Phone Program. In this situation,*your serial number will be the last 15 digits of the SIM Card number.*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Problem solved

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrsj View Post
    Please be informed that the Account number for Straight Talk Wireless isthe Serial number of the phone associated with phone number. However,*you have mentioned that it is not Straight Talk phone and you were*currently under to Bring Your Own Phone Program. In this situation,*your serial number will be the last 15 digits of the SIM Card number.*

Thank you!
    Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overthinkingme View Post
    Thank you!
    Can anyone confirm?
    Straight talk confirms it on the red activation card that comes with your SIM. Step one part two; when asked for your phone serial number always provide the serial number displayed below.

The number on your activation card should match the underlined 15 characters of the SIM number.

Feedback Score
    So no "pin" or "password" required to port out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Actually- Quite the contrary - when porting out - have all info on hand - you cannot have TMI Too much information - cause if the port is screwed that is more work than having the info on hand before - so log into the account - get the info and then proceed - I'd recommend having the account number/ password/ last 4 of SSN/ and Pin / and billing address all there.
    Sorry - do not look for a short cut.
    OTOH _ if someone can afford to loose service and be on the phone for days - i.e. they have time and the phone is not mission critical - then by all means- go in and you can fix it later.
    Thanks for reading this far.

Feedback Score
    AT & T Straight Talk Compatible SIM:
    The account number is the underlined portion of the SIM which starts with 103 or 1something...Count five numbers from left to right and the 6th on is the account number.
    The pin is the last four numbers. So example:
    89014 103533677714475 <<<Account number and 4474 is the account pin.

T-Mobile Compatible SIM:

8901 260432664325876 <<<Account is underlined pin is last for 5876

MY FASCINATE ON STRAIGHT TALK 3G
    [/URL]

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the information. What if you don't have the activation card, just a byod iphone and the inserted sim? How would one find the sim id?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie_ryan View Post
    Thanks for all the information. What if you don't have the activation card, just a byod iphone and the inserted sim? How would one find the sim id?
    Good question and a simple answer. Go to settings/general/about and scroll to the bottom. You see your Sim id. If its an ATT Sim then start from the fifth number which should be 1. If its tmobile start from 260 remember the last four on either Sim is your account pin

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    @ roketteere- thanks, I appreciate the answer!

Feedback Score
    Since the "BYOD" is a fairly new program, the account number might be a little different on that plan. I just called ST customer service and was told that my account number is the "serial number" of my phone (Nokia E71). The agent also told me that there is no pin or password related to the account.

I am also planning to port my number out from Straight Talk to another carrier. My $45 plan expires on November 15th. How long does the process take? BTW, should I also submit the pin from the ST sim card (as noted above) ?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I just ported from Straight Talk to AT&T postpaid yesterday. The BYOD SIM itself has your account number underlined on it. Your account (4-digit) PIN can be found by logging into your straighttalk.com account and going to your Profile (I think the link is named Manage my Profile or something like that). Your name and address is also on that page.

I had some snafus in porting that caused it to take 3 days to get sorted but it should complete within a day or two under normal circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast