Thread: Pantech Crossover APN Setting

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Pantech Crossover APN Setting

Hello to the wonderful people on howardforums.

I am wondering if anyone has managed to get a pantech crossover onto 3g & MMS

I am unable to edit the apn settings directly. After I choose New Apn the apn fields are greyed out and there is an edit apn button, this button does not function and I assumed that at&t had locked it up, I obtained the unlock code and unlocked the phone but I still can not directly edit my apn settings.

I am able to completely replace them using apn backup & restore, unfortunately the settings from my Atrix do not function.

If anyone has a backup file that functions with the crossover or any other way I could edit this I would greatly appreciate your input.

nictopn

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a good idea or two?

Feedback Score
    I have a Pantech Crossover which I occasionally use on Straight Talk.

At first, when I deleted the AT&T APN, I was not allowed to create another APN. So, I re-installed the AT&T APN, and then went ahead and created a Straight Talk APN.

So, the AT&T APN coexisits with the Straight Talk APN, and I have selected the Straight Talk APN.

Hope that helps

Feedback Score
    If you install APN Backup and Restore you can delete the at&t apns.
    This will also delete the ST apn at the same time if you have already created it.
    Just recreate it again after.

Feedback Score
    I have APN Backup and Restore. If you delete the AT&T apn, the phone does not allow you to create another APN. That is why you have to re-install the AT&T apn before installing another APN

Feedback Score
    I didn't have that problem with my ZTE Z990 Avail AT&T GoPhone.
    I deleted the AT&T APNs then created the ST APN.
    Must be a Pantech thing.
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 05-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thank you mcd320,
    that does allow me to use the fields, I am having difficulty finding the proper configuration for the apn however, what did you set the apn type to? I tried default,supl and * (because it was used in the at&t apn).
    If you could make a backup and upload it I and anyone who might run into this in the future would greatly appreciate it. The physical keyboard on this phone is costing me more than I bargained for. (between coaxing the apn and the horrid at&t contacts app that replaces the good stock one)

I am not sure why the pantech is being such a pain to simple reconfigure the apn, I have done 2 captivates, a lg thrive, and my Atrix without any trouble whatsoever.

Thank you for your time and help.

Carrier
    T-Mobile monthly 4G
    Feedback Score
    Just got my pantech crossover today, the phone had two different att apn's, I just hit add new, entered all the apn info provided from ST and it worked.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So I finally got back to where the phone was, I traded my sim in my atrix with the crossover and discovered that the problem was with the sim card and not the phone, a few calls later to straight talk and all was resolved, thank you all for your help.

Feedback Score
    Where did you see "add new" for the APN? When I go to settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, access point names, I don't see anywhere to add a new one.

Feedback Score

Pantech Crossover APN settings

I just bought the pantech crossover (unlocked) to use with straight talks byop program. I'm not able to edit my apn settings to get it fully functional. I go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names. Two show up both are named AT&T WAP, one is wap.cingular and one is broadband. You can click on them both but the information is grey and unchangeable. I don't see anywhere to add a new apn? Could someone please help me?

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsungstrive View Post
    I just bought the pantech crossover (unlocked) to use with straight talks byop program. I'm not able to edit my apn settings to get it fully functional. I go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names. Two show up both are named AT&T WAP, one is wap.cingular and one is broadband. You can click on them both but the information is grey and unchangeable. I don't see anywhere to add a new apn? Could someone please help me?
    Press the Menu Key and tap the New APN button
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score

Red face

I just bought the AT&T Pantech Breeze 3 unlocked cell phone, and am unable to change the APN to my straight talk carrier. Any one that can help me would be appreciated..

Feedback Score
    I need help. I have PAntech crossover800. The sim is unlocked. I can use the phone to call with my new provider (Non AT&T). But I cant use it with any 3G, GSM network. I am unable to edit the apn settings atall. After I select, access point names, AT&T WAP (wap.cingular) and AT&T (broadband) comes where the first one was pre-selected (green). When I open it to change the setting, I see the apn fields are greyed out. There is an edit apn button, this button does not function. I have a unlock code. But I am not sure how to use it. Please help.