Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the best & cheapest cell phone that's Page Plus compatible?

Feedback Score

What's the best & cheapest cell phone that's Page Plus compatible?

Hi there. Perhaps you guys can help me out. I am looking for a cheap cell phone that is compatible with Page Plus. And when I say cheap, I mean under $25.00. I would also like my phone to have a camera, to be able to text, and to have a speaker phone. I don't really need it to do much else tho being able to get online would be nice too and check my emails. I've also never owned a cell phone before but have used other peoples.

So now what phone would suit my needs and where would I purchase this phone?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Phones
    FeiTeng H9503,Motorola V3M(RingPlus), AT&T MiFi Liberate,
    Kindle 3G,Isatphone,V11 Dual Sim Flip,SVP MQ999
    Carrier
    AT&T,Telna,Sprint,ekit,Inmarsat,Skype
    Feedback Score
    On a budget there are some options. You've already spec'd out what you want in a phone so that narrows the field.

Under $25, you will likely have a more limited selection of new phones to choose from so suggest also look at refurbished phones and gently used phones from friends and acquaintances who have upgraded to another phone and/or carrier.

If there's a local PagePlus dealer, it may be worth a visit to see what they have available in your price category. Older model LG, Motorola, Kyocera, Pantech and Samsung refurbished phones might be in your price range. Plus you can try before you buy, and you can walk out the door with a working phone.

Over the internet, try ebay or other websites for a PagePlus phone. The HoFo PagePlus wiki FAQ section has a list of phones that are allowed and work OK on PagePlus(note that Verizon Prepaid phones are not allowed). See this cautionary note on a pageplus dealer website on how to buy on ebay or craigs list: http://www.howardforums.com/pageplus/ebaytips.html You can find reviews of phones on the web including some good video reviews of some models at CNET.

Another suggestion is ask around for someone who has an older deactivated Verizon phone they will give to you for free. If the phone is PagePlus compatible, works OK and is in good shape, has a good ESN serial number (not blacklisted) you may be able to activate it. Even if you need to buy a new battery (may be missing or dead) or a AC or DC charger off ebay or at a dollar store it can be worth it. A missing phone manual can also be downloaded from the manufacturers website or in some cases the Verizon or PagePlus websites.

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Ditto GadgetKen's suggestion to ask around among family and friends for an old VZW postpaid flip phone sitting in a drawer collecting dust. I have activated several old Motorola and LG flip phones on PP which I received as gifts from people who upgraded to smartphones.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Your local Craigslist is your friend. I've found many a Verizon phone there for 25-30 bucks. The older lg flip phones are beasts and generally last forever. Samsung made some pretty good flip phones as well. You may even be able to find an old lg dare touch screen for about that..

Feedback Score
    I found that just using the search function at Phonescoop or Phonearena goes a long way towards narrowing down what you want. You can plug in "Verizon", and type of phone, and discontinued, and get a list. You can look at ratings (search on 4+). One that looks appealing to me is the Moto W766. I see the W755 on "the list" of phones that work, I assume the W766 should be OK since it's just an upgrade. I'm just looking for a phone for calling, decent camera, either $10 standard or $12 plan. I was going to get a Dropid X, but decided my Galaxy Player does everything I want on Wifi, just need a cheap phone for non wifi areas.

Or what about the VX8370?

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

I have my eye on a phone...
    What do you all think of the LG VX-5400......???

Is it compatible with Page Plus?

If so, and I send away for it, how do I get it activated?

Thank you in advance.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Karillyn1 View Post
    I have my eye on a phone...
    1. What do you all think of the LG VX-5400......???
    2. Is it compatible with Page Plus?
    3. If so, and I send away for it, how do I get it activated?
    Okeh ...
    1. I like it ; my neighbor liked hers, too, until she ran it through the washing machine.
    2. Mine said Verizon on it and activated on P+ straightaway.
    3. I bought mine on eBay for $18, shipping included. Verizon never sold this model for prepaid. Therefore P+ can activate it. At the time I saw a P+ dealer promotion for free activation. Following the instructions, I sent a message on Ebay and got a reply with my new number in a few minutes. Then *22800 (send) and my phone was active. I think the same dealer activates on line for $1.99 without the promotion.
    Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    Thank you Frontierjustice . But I am still confused.

What about plans? On the Page Plus site it talks about plans. $12 a month, $29.00 a month and so on....Do I just go there and pick one of them? Get activated thee? Do I call them up? Not sure what you mean about finding free activation? And for how long did it last? Doesn't one have to pay for activation?

I'm sorry but I am really new to all this so please forgive me.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can use a dealer, which usually charge, or call PPC CS directly, and they will activate for free over the phone. Then when you are sure the phone is properly activated and working, you can buy a Standard Plan or any monthly plan PIN from a dealer or PPC directly, and apply it to your PPC phone number.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Oh I see, thank you for that info. Just curious. How long will it stay activated until I buy a plan PIN? Also, how is the PIN sent to me? Is it sent thru my email?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It depends on where you buy it. Some places display it on your screen immediately and e-mail it, and other places only e-mail it. The $80 Standard Plan PINs are only available from dealers and don't expire for 1 year. Everything else is available at dealers or the PPC website. Read https://www.pagepluscellular.com/onl...e/minutes.aspx to see when each PIN needs to be renewed.

Feedback Score
    Just can't decide... U540, VX5400, VX8370, W755... The VX8370 (Clout) appears to be the highest rated, just not many for sale. Any benefits of any of these. Just a phone, either the $80 annual plan or the $10/120 day plan. A "good" camera is a perk.

edit: Do any of these "cheap" phone let you check/send Gmail. I may get the $12 plan with the 10mb data. Might check email once or twice a week. All other data would be wifi.
    Last edited by TCAT; 05-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    1. Thank you Frontierjustice.
    2. Just curious. How long will it stay activated until I buy a plan PIN? Also, how is the PIN sent to me? Is it sent thru my email?
    3. What about plans? On the Page Plus site it talks about plans. $12 a month, $29.00 a month and so on....
    4. Do I just go there and pick one of them? Get activated then?
    5. Do I call them up?
    6. Not sure what you mean about finding free activation?
    7. And for how long did it last? Doesn't one have to pay for activation?
    Okeh...
    1. You're welcome.
    2. It depends on "how active" you want. P+ gives you $2 in airtime and 119 days of "active: this is followed by 30 days of "not very active" where you still have a number but can't make calls. Remember, P+ charges a 50-cents a month fee. After your test call and voice mail setup you have about $1.20 in airtime left. The PIN gets to you in any fashion you please, email, snail mail, over the counter, direct credit, etc.
    3. You can have any plan you want. What are your calling patterns like?
    4. You can. The P+ stores seem to want $35 for activation. P+ will do it direct for $10. Some dealers will do it for free. Picking a plan and activation are two different things. You could do them at once if you like.
    5. You can.
    6. Sometimes a dealer will offer free activation .... eg "the dealer who shall not be named" gave away activations on Good Friday.
    7. An activation lasts until 150 days or so after you stop paying. (You can paay from free to about $35 for activation, depends...)
    Regards, FJ

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    As I mentioned above, all you have to do to get a free activation is CALL PPC SCS

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    5. Do I call them up?
    6. Not sure what you mean about finding free activation?
    7. And for how long did it last? Doesn't one have to pay for activation?

Yes, if you call page plus directly at 800- 550-2436 once you have your phone they will activate a new account & number for free or port your old number for free
    They only charge if you do it online via their website. There's no need to use a dealer and pay their service charge.

You can buy a service plan card or a standard pay-as-you-go card from a PIN e-tailer like callingmart who tend to offer 3-5% discounts once a month on all the cards including the $80 year long card. We have a sticky thread that has members posting deals they find for discounted cards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast