Thread: AT&T HTC Titan APN Settings to make Data work is not working.

Feedback Score

AT&T HTC Titan APN Settings to make Data work is not working.

Hello everyone,

i recently obtained the HTC Titan from the Microsoft Challenge. I am a AT&T go phone prepaid user. Today i switched to the 50 dollar unlimited "everything" but it turns out that i need to buy a data plan if i want to use the browser in my phone. I looked around online to change the APN settings, i found several APN settings but no luck. even after i rebotted my phone they still wouldnt work

I also downloaded the the "CONNECTION SETUP" app from the marketplace and it still didt work after it changed the seetings. I also turn off the power after i used the CONNECTION SETUP app and still no luck. i even tried without turning off the phone.

Anyone else having this problem using the Titan with a prepaid simcard? Were you able to solve it? ive looked and looked and no solutions yet! please help!

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Did you add the data plan to your account? To my knowledge GoPhone uses the same APN's as regular AT&T so the phone should work on the default APN's once you have the data plan added to your account.

Feedback Score
    NO i have not bought it. Thats what i was avoiding, adding the extra data plan(which is like an extra 25 bucks or so)

I have been reading other threads and other smartphones phones that are in the 50 dollar plan with gophone are working with the data just fine without the having to buy the extra data plan.

thats why i posted my the articloe here to see if anyone has been able to work their HTC titan or know anyone that has made the data work without having to buy the extra data plan

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That is not gonna work on that phone....... it generally only works with phones that are not AT&T branded and even then it is hit or miss. If AT&T's system identifies your IMEI as a smartphone then you have to have the data plan.

You can use it on Straight Talk if you want for $45 monthly unlimited talk text and around 2 gigs of data. Otherwise you will need the data plan on AT&T.

Phones
    Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus S
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    AT&T branded Smartphone users must purchase a data package to use data services..