Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Red Pocket vs. H2O speeds

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0

    Red Pocket vs. H2O speeds

    Has anyone run a speed test on Red Pocket's 2GB speed vs. h2o's 2GB speed? My understanding is that RP offers hspa+ for the full 2GB and h2O offers 500MB at hspa+, and then 1.5GB at 2B-3G speeds. Anyone??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,085
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd take RP or Jolt which runs off of it over H20 for this pricepoint/plan any day of the week. H20 has terrible tech/customer support...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    I'd take RP or Jolt which runs off of it over H20 for this pricepoint/plan any day of the week. H20 has terrible tech/customer support...
    +1 Totally agree

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    300
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    I'd take RP or Jolt which runs off of it over H20 for this pricepoint/plan any day of the week. H20 has terrible tech/customer support...
    H2O is great for their $10, $20, $25, and $50 plans.

    $10 - 200 minutes 30 day plan; $20 - 400 minutes 60 day plan; and $25 - 1000 minutes 30 day plan : are the best in the industry now...no one can offer such a cheap rate (with exception to Air Voice's $10 plan). Definitely recommended!

    The $50 plan tops out Red Pocket, AirVoice, and any MVNO out there except Straight Talk in regards to a plan which provides fast data speeds. Simple Mobile and T-Mobile's plans for this price range don't offer fast data speeds (only 2G).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    H2O is great for their $10, $20, $25, and $50 plans.

    $10 - 200 minutes 30 day plan; $20 - 400 minutes 60 day plan; and $25 - 1000 minutes 30 day plan : are the best in the industry now...no one can offer such a cheap rate (with exception to Air Voice's $10 plan). Definitely recommended!

    The $50 plan tops out Red Pocket, AirVoice, and any MVNO out there except Straight Talk in regards to a plan which provides fast data speeds. Simple Mobile and T-Mobile's plans for this price range don't offer fast data speeds (only 2G).
    I believe the OP was speaking about the 2GB plans...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjabah View Post
    Has anyone run a speed test on Red Pocket's 2GB speed vs. h2o's 2GB speed? My understanding is that RP offers hspa+ for the full 2GB and h2O offers 500MB at hspa+, and then 1.5GB at 2B-3G speeds. Anyone??
    I used to be on H2O about 6 months ago. Speed tests never went above 1Mbps down/up and usually averaged about half that. H2O capped it to those speeds because using the same iPhone on Jolt (RP MVNO) allowed for speed averages of about 5-7Mbps.

    Making an educated guess I would think that the speed tests would be about the same (5-7Mbps) for RP and H2O on HSPA+ since they (along with Jolt) use ATT towers. I would also say that H2O speeds (after 500MB) would be throttle to under 1Mbps afterwards.

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 4. h2o wireless or red pocket?
    By djbeats in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
  3. Speed Difference iPhone 4 vs 3gs On Red Pocket????
    By renew1 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 12:42 AM
  4. AT&T Locked iPhone4 on H2o or Red Pocket?
    By avio07 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
  5. Use unactivated H2O sim card on Red Pocket or Jolt?
    By LinuxRules in forum Locus Telecomm (H2O/O2 Wireless)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 03:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks