Thread: HELP...Can't receive text messages with iPhone 3g 4.2.1 StraightTalk

Feedback Score

HELP...Can't receive text messages with iPhone 3g 4.2.1 StraightTalk

I've followed several tutorials on how to get this working but for some reason it's not 100%. The phone is jailbroken, running 4.2.1 modem firmware 5.15.04. I have data working, I can make and receive calls, I can even send out texts and pics. I called StraightTalk and they said everything is good on their end supposedly. The process I went through went like this. Activated sim and got the network working with originally downloading the APN profile from unlockit.co.uz. Data was now working and I could still call and send texts. Then downloaded TetherMe, after making the right changes in TetherMe I still got data, calls and sending text, still not receiving though. So I deleted the unlockit.co.uz profile and used just the TetherMe settings. Again, everything but receiving texts. I hope somebody can shed some light on this. I've searched for similar problems on the web with no luck. Please help, thanks.

Feedback Score
    Ok. I now have something interesting to add to this. I can receive text from my friend who is on the AT&T but not pictures. And I asked two of my friends that are on Sprint and Verizon to text me and nothing. Any ideas?