Thread: Markham coverage

Feedback Score

Markham coverage

I live around the Major MacKenzie and 16th Ave intersection in Markham, the coverage map at the Wind website shows it as an "planned expansion" area. Does it mean my phone will be on roaming if I switch to Wind?

Thanks,

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shmcheng View Post
    I live around the Major MacKenzie and 16th Ave intersection in Markham, the coverage map at the Wind website shows it as an "planned expansion" area. Does it mean my phone will be on roaming if I switch to Wind?

Thanks,
    Maybe.
    The map could be out of date, or three may be coverage that isn't official yet... There are to many factors to know for sure.
    All you can do is either try it out for yourself, or ask around (Wind forum wouldn't be a bad idea).
    You can also check this map: http://www.coveragemapper.com/windmap.php

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HowardForums
    Rome wasn't built in a day, but if Wind was the builder, it would still be under construction.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I live around the Major MacKenzie and 16th Ave intersection in Markham
    Where exactly are you? There is not much coverage between Major Mac and 16th in Markham. See here:
    http://loxcel.com/celltower

Feedback Score
    I'm near the Angus Glenn community centre (Major MacKenzie and Warden) which is quite far away from the existing Wind antenna towers. Rogers retention is trying to jack up the price of my voice plan after the current contract expires, so I'm trying to find a viable alternative now.

Feedback Score
    There is a tower at Kennedy North of 16th. If you are farther West, you may have issues but I think that tower is new and no one has updated coverage mapper yet.

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm near the Angus Glenn community centre (Major MacKenzie and Warden) which is quite far away from the existing Wind antenna towers. Rogers retention is trying to jack up the price of my voice plan after the current contract expires, so I'm trying to find a viable alternative now.
    I drive very often on Major Mac from Markham Rd to 404, without dropping the call. Since I'm in the car, the signal works just fine. Not sure how it is indoors.

Btw, there isn't a tower at Kennedy / 16. I constantly drop calls right at that intersection.

Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Few months ago i was at training on Vogel road and had 0-1 bar at best, outdoor. Indoor only wind away. That was few months ago, things may have changed.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy, Ascend
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I was at Angus Glen last week, had signal. I believe you will have signal there depending on your exact location. The best way is to try it out and test before committing to Wind. Byw, the coverage map on Wind's site is so out of date that it is almost meaningless.
    Keep in mind that some areas south of Major Mac in Markham may be deadzones until you get to 7 or Steeles.

Feedback Score
    I live at Woodbine & 16th, there are new towers in Markham and I get full bars on my nexus s at Major Mac & 16th