Thread: Bad ESN on Pageplus

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Bad ESN on Pageplus

Ok so obviously iPhones are much much cheaper if it's got a bad ESN on it. My question is, is it possible to activate a iPhone 4/4S with a bad ESN to Pageplus? I'm thinking about switching over to Pageplus and I would very much like to use the iPhone 4/4s with it. And if I could pay less for a iPhone 4 just cuz it has a bad ESN that would be awesome

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That would be a no go if you were to try to activate a Verizon iPhone on page plus. If the esn is bad on Verizon, it won't activate on pp. that goes for any Verizon phone. Now as far as sprint iPhones go, not sure because I think they have to be flashed. Someone please clarify..

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What about if u activate the iPhone online?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eliechart View Post
    What about if u activate the iPhone online?
    Doesn't matter. A VZW phone with a bad ESN will NOT activate on PP, period.
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    A Sprint Iphone with bad ESN should activate just fine on Page Plus, you will have to manually program it to get it working, and manually change the APN. Chances are that your 3G will not work well if at all because of the issues with the AAA key, although some have gotten it working well.

There is no legal or ethical way to put a Verizon Iphone with a bad ESN on the Page Plus network.

Feedback Score
    I have personally activated an Optimus S with a bad ESN number on Page Plus. But that was only because it was a Sprint phone, not a Verizon phone. I don't do data, so I can't tell you if that worked or not. MMS, either. But talking and texting worked great.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eliechart View Post
    Ok so obviously iPhones are much much cheaper if it's got a bad ESN on it. My question is, is it possible to activate a iPhone 4/4S with a bad ESN to Pageplus? I'm thinking about switching over to Pageplus and I would very much like to use the iPhone 4/4s with it. And if I could pay less for a iPhone 4 just cuz it has a bad ESN that would be awesome
    Your easiest/safest bet is to just use a Verizon iPhone. If you watch eBay regularly, they can be had for $225 or less in near perfect condition if not brand new. I've bought multiple myself without any problems.

Another thing to keep in mind is the resale value of iPhones. It tends to retain most of its value so if you but one reasonably priced you will likely be able to sell it for a good portion of your original price paid in a year to 18 months. This is made much easier if the ESN is clean because there are more uses for the phone in that case.