Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: Virgin Mobile top-up refill discounts and offers!!

Feedback Score
    I've had the same problem with this seller - VM account frozen due to use of fraudulent credit card. On the bright side, the seller refunded my $70.

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by av-1288 View Post
    I've had the same problem with this seller - VM account frozen due to use of fraudulent credit card. On the bright side, the seller refunded my $70.
    I had assumed that the seller was using a bogus or stolen eBay account and would be long gone. But I see his eBay account is still active.

PayPal has contacted him on my behalf (since they're on the hook if he doesn't reimburse me). We'll see how that goes.

I had bought two $70 credits, for a total of $140. The chargebacks were done about a month apart, so he apparently used two different (stolen?) credit cards.

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    I had assumed that the seller was using a bogus or stolen eBay account and would be long gone. But I see his eBay account is still active.

PayPal has contacted him on my behalf (since they're on the hook if he doesn't reimburse me). We'll see how that goes.

I had bought two $70 credits, for a total of $140. The chargebacks were done about a month apart, so he apparently used two different (stolen?) credit cards.
    Received this from PayPal today:

Status
    After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item violates the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. It's ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

I really expected PayPal to make good on this. Looks like I'm out $140.

Device(s)
    fone
    Carrier(s)
    varies
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sabunassar View Post
    Strange. I used to also do this without taxes for my ex-GF when she was on VM. Out of curiosity, were the taxes added when you topped up or when you went to actually pay it? Wonder if the state you're in matters (I'm in CA).
    Service address is in Maryland.

I was finally successful in purchasing a top up through Walmart - no tax added and electronic delivery.

BTW, Target has top-ups on sale again this week in store. After Redcard (-5%) and taxes (+6% for me), this works about to about the same as the Walmart online price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    Received this from PayPal today:

Status
    After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item violates the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. It's ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

I really expected PayPal to make good on this. Looks like I'm out $140.

I also got screwed by this seller. But paypal decided in my favor today and refunded $70 to my acct. I'm not sure it matters now, but for future reference, this is what I did.

I followed paypals instuctions and first tried contacting the seller to see if he would refund me, like he did to the other buyer. No such luck.

So I followed up with paypal, but u need to be aware of what they will or will not cover. Since I knew they would not cover virtual goods or things delivered electronically, u have to be careful in how you word your dispute.

I didn't lie, but I gave them just enough info to move my inquiry along.

I told them I bought an $80 phone card and I did not receive an $80 phone card. I said I tried contacting seller and he has not responded or is ignoring me.

That was all I told them, nothing more. I waited for them to contact me for more info, but they didnt, and i got their notice they ruled in my favor today, after escalating it on july 31

Device(s)
    LG 5350
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle.Jr View Post
    I also got screwed by this seller. But paypal decided in my favor today and refunded $70 to my acct. I'm not sure it matters now, but for future reference, this is what I did.

I followed paypals instuctions and first tried contacting the seller to see if he would refund me, like he did to the other buyer. No such luck.

So I followed up with paypal, but u need to be aware of what they will or will not cover. Since I knew they would not cover virtual goods or things delivered electronically, u have to be careful in how you word your dispute.

I didn't lie, but I gave them just enough info to move my inquiry along.

I told them I bought an $80 phone card and I did not receive an $80 phone card. I said I tried contacting seller and he has not responded or is ignoring me.

That was all I told them, nothing more. I waited for them to contact me for more info, but they didnt, and i got their notice they ruled in my favor today, after escalating it on july 31
    You're a smarter man than I.

I spent hours on the phone trying to explain to PayPal exactly what happened -- that the money was applied to the VM account, then the chargebacks occurred and the money was taken out. All that additional information just gave them reasons to deny my claim. I should have done what you did. The effect was the same -- I purchased phone credit and didn't get it.

Feedback Score
    Ebay is having a $20 off $100 order when using code C20OFFSEPT at checkout. I just bought Virgin Mobile top up cards with Best Buy as a seller for $20 off. 20% off is nice and hard to come by these days, not everyone will qualify but it's worth a shot. Make sure Best Buy is the seller and that the total is $100 or more.

Feedback Score
    DOES NOT WORK! I just tried it... 3x $35 top up cards ($105 total) with Best Buy as the seller. When I entered the code at checkup, I received the following error message:

"We are currently having technical difficulties processing your code
    Your coupon or redemption code was not applied"

:-{

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by av-1288 View Post
    DOES NOT WORK! I just tried it... 3x $35 top up cards ($105 total) with Best Buy as the seller. When I entered the code at checkup, I received the following error message:

"We are currently having technical difficulties processing your code
    Your coupon or redemption code was not applied"

:-{
    I got a message from eBay with the $20 offer also. In all their messages, there is a disclaimer that the offer is only available for the recipient of the message; it's possible that if you didn't get a notification from eBay, your account is blocked from using the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35