Thread: Verizon $50 unlimited Talk/Text/Web prepaid plan

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Verizon $50 unlimited Talk/Text/Web prepaid plan

There is a thread for the $80 Prepaid Smartphone plan so I thought I would crate a thread for the $50 Prepaid Talk/Text/Web plan.

So this plan has been out for a year almost. What are your experiences with it. Do you like it. Is it worth it paying $50 for the service when there are other low cost phone companies out there like virgin mobile?

How do you feel about the plan now that Verizon has released an $80 Smartphone prepaid plan.

Talk to me.
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had the $50 Unleashed plan for about 6 months now, and I really like it. I have the LG Extravert, and mobile web surfing is pretty decent for a feature phone. I feel like it's really a great deal. I get signal everywhere! I'm not really interested in the $80 smartphone plan...I already have unlimited web (even though it's only 1X...but it still isn't bad!)

Feedback Score
    What do they mean on the $50 plan that mobile email is an extra cost? Most other prepaid carriers that include unlimited web have no restrictions on email. Am I correct that there is no pop email without paying an additional fee?

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
    What do they mean on the $50 plan that mobile email is an extra cost? Most other prepaid carriers that include unlimited web have no restrictions on email. Am I correct that there is no pop email without paying an additional fee?
    The Verizon $50 plan is for feature phone data not smartphone data. It is a Verizon e-mail service you can buy to get your emails

Phone
    Lumia_635, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    at&t_GP, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Virgin Mobile HTC WFS: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29703/27.1741; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

You can also check your mail online thru the browser. if your mail service includes forwarding, set it to forward a copy to your phones sms email address. This will help notify you via text message (sms) that you have new email in your inbox.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Phone
    Motorola StarTAC, 1st gen iPhone 16GB
    Carrier
    Page Plus & KTC PACE Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have no experience with this rateplan, however I would definitely be looking into tethering it with an LG accolade. It appears it's offered nationwide now; originally it was sold only in MetroPCS market. Any experience tethering this rateplan?

A strong competitor to Verizon's rateplan is Page Plus Cellulars $55/month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, and 1GB of data (soon to be 2GB as of June 9th http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...to-2-Gigabytes ). Page Plus allows any Verizon 3G smartphone; runs on Verizon as a MVNO; and allows tethering.

Carriers
    VZW PP 50
    Feedback Score
    Lots a folks are using their smart phone on this plan. unlimited talk, txt, mms, 3G data/internet

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Seriously? I thought they blocked all smartphones?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetdaddy View Post
    Lots a folks are using their smart phone on this plan. unlimited talk, txt, mms, 3G data/internet

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wrong. I received word they have expanded device options for "Unleashed" but it does not include any thing I would label a "smart phone". Remember the Citrus? Think of devices on par with that and you'll get the idea.

Feedback Score
    No way Verizon's going to allow a single true smartphone on here for the time being unless they create a two class 3g only device and LTE Plus 3g device category for premium smartphones which hasn't happened yet.

Only feature phones on Unleashed. Page Plus offers unlimited tnt plus 100 megs almost ANY cdma device (except Verizon prepaid ) for $39.95 and the 55 with utnt plus 2gb of data. The advantages I see to Verizon prepaid at this time is 1)Unlimited messaging for $20 (feature phones only). 2) Ability to use Verizon prepaid phones (which are all banned from all Verizon mvnos). 3) Truly unlimited 3g data (at a price) on smartphones and feature phones). 4) LTE broadband and tablet prepaid plans. . 5)24 hour US based CS.
    6)Wider retail presence compared to Page Plus.

For Byod and value, Page Plus still has them beat.

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    Wrong. I received word they have expanded device options for "Unleashed" but it does not include any thing I would label a "smart phone". Remember the Citrus? Think of devices on par with that and you'll get the idea.
    again that phone is for the $80 smartphone prepaid plan not the $50 one. The $50 plan is feature phone only.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
    again that phone is for the $80 smartphone prepaid plan not the $50 one. The $50 plan is feature phone only.
    Yes I know I was simply using it as a generic marker of the *type* of device allowed on Unleashed ($50). So picture a Citrus and then picture a device even less capable than that and you get the general idea...

Feedback Score
    I am guessing that this thread was revived because there are now auction listings for certain Verizon phones to be flashed for use with Unleashed. An ad perhaps? Regardless, the cost for this service is at least a month of Unleashed which naturally depends on who you purchase from. Can and/or will Verizon do anything against users who bring in their own unauthorized phone? Not sure, but obviously these people think it is worth the risk.