Phones
    V3XX GSM UMTS iPhone4S
    V9M CDMA EVDO
    Carrier
    AT&T and U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score

Increase Ringtone Volume on 4S ?

I did a search on ways to increase the ringtone volume on the 4S, hoping to maybe access the FTS to some other way but doesn't look like any way of doing it, unless I missed one. The Genius Bar already said there isn't either. Time to give up? Thanks!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Setting > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts > move slider to the right as desired

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    If you can jailbreak, there is "PocketMode" in Cydia that uses the light sensor to detect if your phone is in your pocket or bag. It has several settings to configure time of day, sensitivity, etc. and seems to work well. I doubt that it will increase the maximum volume available on the phone though. I imagine that could damage the speaker.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    where are you that you can't hear the ringer? When maxed, I can hear mine from three rooms away.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS 16GB (curr)
    iPhone 3G 8GB (prev)
    UTStarCom 6700 (prev)
    Feedback Score
    Not going to be a huge gain but if you follow one of the guides on making custom ring tones and intentionally increase the gain on the sound file you can get a few more db out of the rings.

Phones
    nokia N75
    nokia 6230
    nokia 2190
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You can also just Google loud iphone ring tones. I think I may have found the one I use from a link in an app thread here. It is considerable louder than any of the default ones. I looked through some instructions for making and tweaking a custom one, but in the end it was just easier to download a free one.

Phones
    V3XX GSM UMTS iPhone4S
    V9M CDMA EVDO
    Carrier
    AT&T and U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
    where are you that you can't hear the ringer? When maxed, I can hear mine from three rooms away.
    This is because I use a Mophie battery case that redirects the bottom speakers towards the front, which is great when you're using the phone but when you slide it into the belt holster the speakers openings are then flush against the sides of the holster and blocks alot of the volume, but not all. When wearing a coat in the fall/winter, it muffles it even more. It is set as high as it can be

My old Moto Razr V3XX is about one-third louder than my 4S without the Mophie, so that I have the V3XX turned down (as well as my Moto military spec phone I can't remember the name of); so I'm sure they could increase the volume more without any damage.
    It would be nice to see a volume increase in a future software update.