New prepaid data plans

Not clear if this works on a phone or only data sticks and tablets

-- 300MB 1-week pass for $15

-- 1.5GB 1-month pass for $25

-- 3.5GB 1-month pass for $35

-- 5GB 1-month pass for $50

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/17/t...ta-only-plans/

Feedback Score
    Data sticks. $30 Walmart plan offers more for phones and throttling overage. These plans have hardcaps. No overage. Verizon has better coverage. Clear is unlimited but Tmo is a good middle ground.

Feedback Score
    You can buy a T-Mobile® Mobile Broadband SIM ONLY KIT for $6.99. http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/...LY-KIT-Prepaid

Can it be used in any device that takes a SIM card or only specific TMO devices?

Can you use the related pre-paid pass with any TMO SIM or only these SIMs?

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    So many questions.. can you use ANY device (ie phones) with these prepaid plans, if you want data only?
    The $30 plans are blocked on TMobile Broadband devices.. and the $30 plans you must pay EVERY month, while here you can pay every other month, or change plans (maybe go to no plan for a while? not sure)

Once I understand more details about the plans this may be a winner for me for a Mifi type device.
    Go GSM! Switch phones on demand.

Feedback Score
    Verizon has better coverage prices on their low end plan for tablets/ipad (LTE for 1 gb at $20 and at the high end equal Tmo (5G for$50, and 10gb for $80). They offer mifi with LTE but only on one device (Jetpack prepaid) and it's $60 for 3gb and $90 for 10 gb. Their 3g plan is getting long in the tooth but offers coverage everywhere.

Verizon needs to unify their plans.

You should be able to use any unlocked aws 1700 device on these new Tmo plans . Here is a partial list of such devices...

http://reviews.ebay.com/3G-4G-AWS-WC...00000009297982

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    available at Walmart store, not online
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-3...0-Day/20896235

I will be guinea pig to test this device in a regular phone and see if Internet works if I can buy it online and e-delivery. Then I can get no sales tax and cash back like I do with Straight Talk at Walmart. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

Feedback Score
    Any luck with your test?

Sent from my LG-P509 using HowardForums

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Was not able to get it online and did not see it in the one walmart i hit so far....will update if i do

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I have not found a SIM only option at Walmart, just a package that costs too much. I did find the actual refill cards at Walmart.
    TMobile.com is selling the Jet 2.0 refurb stick for $10 including a $15 prepaid card. So I'm going to try that out, and then buy a refill card at Walmart and see if I get the extra days expiration, or if the Walmart plan requires a device purchase at Walmart.

I will also try putting the data only SIM in my phone and see if that works.. I know that my phone SIM will not work in the USB data stick due to TMobile IMEI block.

It does indicate that you just have to use the account once a year -- so I believe you can buy a week or month pass (or two week or two month per Walmart deal) once a year .. though even that, since there's no activation fee maybe you can just reactivate the SIM even if a year or more has passed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I have not found a SIM only option at Walmart, just a package that costs too much. I did find the actual refill cards at Walmart.
    TMobile.com is selling the Jet 2.0 refurb stick for $10 including a $15 prepaid card. So I'm going to try that out, and then buy a refill card at Walmart and see if I get the extra days expiration, or if the Walmart plan requires a device purchase at Walmart.

I will also try putting the data only SIM in my phone and see if that works.. I know that my phone SIM will not work in the USB data stick due to TMobile IMEI block.

It does indicate that you just have to use the account once a year -- so I believe you can buy a week or month pass (or two week or two month per Walmart deal) once a year .. though even that, since there's no activation fee maybe you can just reactivate the SIM even if a year or more has passed?
    How did it go?

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Just bought it yesterday, lisaco1. Don't worry, I'll post back the results here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Just bought it yesterday, lisaco1. Don't worry, I'll post back the results here.
    Thanks

Carriers
    t-mobile prepay
    Verizon inpulse
    Feedback Score
    I purchased the Jet USB stick special and it arrived today. Stick, SIM card (seems to be normal SIM), and $15 prepaid use card. I have not activated it yet. These is no information in the startup kit about using prepaid vouchers other than "mobile broadband" to renew service. I want to know if regular prepaid refill cards can be used. Will the service stop at the end of the period of use or will it automatically renew until the value of the regular prepaid card is used up? (not what I want to happen).

I put an ATT card in the USB stick and was able to go through the connect stage (didn't work) without a message about wrong or invalid SIM. I think the stick may be unlocked.

Waiting for more experience reports before I activate it.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I find these new plans interesting but there's one thing I don't understand. What's the point of getting the 5GB pass over the 3.5GB pass? They are both only good for 30 days and cost the same per GB. Why wouldn't you just get the 3.5GB pass and in the event you used all of it, just get another 3.5GB pass and start a new 30 days? Am I missing something?

Carriers
    t-mobile prepay
    Verizon inpulse
    Feedback Score
    They may not allow you to renew until the end of 30 days has gone. I have seen some pretty strange rules over the years in prepaid phone service. I have not seen anyone post actual user experience using this new plan, so I will wait on my activation until I find out what really happens on trying to add funds without the "special" refill card and use the service.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast