Thread: "Share Name ID" feature

Phone
    BB Curve
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

"Share Name ID" feature

I was looking at the Change Features screen in My Verizon, and I noticed what appears to be a new feature called "Share Name ID". The description says: "Let others see your name before they take the call even if the called party does not have your number in their address book."

It's free so I signed up for it. Does anyone know if this is supposed to work when calling a landline phone? I tried calling my home phone but instead of my name the caller ID still just says "New Jersey".

Phone
    HTC ONE
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well my shared ID works. Sometimes it takes 24 hours for the change while other times it takes a couple of days to be in the system.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have had the "Share Name ID" active for a few months and it shows my name, as I requested when I setup the feature, when I call my office land line phone from my cell phone. I agree that there will be a delay for it to show the caller ID name in phones that do not have your name/number stored. Give it time.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    BB Curve
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. I'll wait a while longer and see if it becomes active. I have another related question. I have 2 lines on my family share plan. Is there any way to specify a different name for each line? If I activate the Share Name feature on my wife's line I assume the caller ID will show up with my name since that is the only name attached to the account for billing.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ansky View Post
    Is there any way to specify a different name for each line? If I activate the Share Name feature on my wife's line I assume the caller ID will show up with my name since that is the only name attached to the account for billing.
    I was able to set up a different name for each of my two lines. The defaults for both was my own name, but I was able to change them. Matter of fact, I changed both because I wanted mine to be more like that standard of last name first ("Last,First").

I waited 24 hours before checking. It might have been working sooner, but I didn't bother.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does your number still also show up? Or does selecting this feature mean that only the name displays?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ive had it for 2 months or so. My work phone has yet to update when I call. All other landlines proudly display "Skywalker, Luke" when I call.
    HoFo FTW!

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had my name on for months and it has yet to show on caller ID. Still just says something like "Cell Phone NC"