Thread: Mobile Hotspot

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

Mobile Hotspot

I extended contract yesterday and purchased a HTC One S. The plan comes with the 2GB data plan. I come to find out i no longer have the hotspot feature since i downgrade from 5 GB to 2 GB. Since i'm a good customer, they'll waive the hotspot charge and will only cost $10 bucks to upgrade back to the 5 GB. I read somewhere i won't be able to utilitze mobile hotspot on my own phone if i don't upgrade. I think this is bull. I hardly use up to 1 GB of data each month nor mobile hotspot often. Is there a work around for this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AznJohn22 View Post
    I extended contract yesterday and purchased a HTC One S. The plan comes with the 2GB data plan. I come to find out i no longer have the hotspot feature since i downgrade from 5 GB to 2 GB. Since i'm a good customer, they'll waive the hotspot charge and will only cost $10 bucks to upgrade back to the 5 GB. I read somewhere i won't be able to utilitze mobile hotspot on my own phone if i don't upgrade. I think this is bull. I hardly use up to 1 GB of data each month nor mobile hotspot often. Is there a work around for this?
    Yeah, they bit me on Monday, same crap. I had the $25 win mobile plan with my hd2. They assured me I'd have no problems, I was grandfathered, yada yada. Try to login with my netbook, I'm screwed. So they want to charge me $35/mo for the same service as the 25. I actually threatened to quit the service, they wouldn't budge, I've been a customer since 2002.