Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Temporarily Out Of Stock"

Phones
    Chaser is my main, Rumor 2 as my backup...Samsung M535, the Arc, the Snapper, The Vox 8610
    Motorola v60i, Nokia 5180i (both retired after 2 years)
    Nokia 1221, Motorola v170
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

"Temporarily Out Of Stock"

Hey all! Long time no post. Been away from the forum for a while, and I'm trying to get caught back up! Hope you can help...

I bought the Samsung M575 a few weeks back. I really like it so far, and thought I'd grab up another one as my "back up" phone. Now the VM website says it's "Temporarily out of stock", which it actually says for three of the four phones they have on PayLo!

Anyway, can anyone give me an idea how long they usually take before it becomes "in stock"? Just wondering when I should realistically assume I can get another one.

Thanks~
    "If it's for freeeeee, it's for meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    It was like that last week when I was looking for an M575. Over the weekend, Best Buy had it on sale for $30. I ordered one from there. Check the deals thread for a link.

Feedback Score
    I guessing by the end of the month since they are rumored to be rolling out new phones for Paylo. Usually most phones come back in stock within 2-3 weeks unless they decide to later remove them off the website. But still, even then sometimes they come back with limited stock. Go figure.

Phones
    Chaser is my main, Rumor 2 as my backup...Samsung M535, the Arc, the Snapper, The Vox 8610
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Ah, thanks folks...I appreciate the answers. I didn't know there were new paylo phones coming out soon...good to know... Thanks again!

Phones
    Optimus Elite
    Cyclops and Oystrs and Snappers oh my
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi Jill-o, Amazon has the Samsung M575 in stock for $49.99 with free shipping

Phones
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soda Gong View Post
    Hi Jill-o, Amazon has the Samsung M575 in stock for $49.99 with free shipping
    Thanks Soda Gong! But I want to use my account balance to pay for it...

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    It was like that last week when I was looking for an M575. Over the weekend, Best Buy had it on sale for $30. I ordered one from there. Check the deals thread for a link.
    Don't buy this one. It's the Beyond Talk version. Mine arrived yesterday and it's going back to BB today.

I think I'll order the one Soda Gong recommended. Interestingly, the PayLo M575 is $20 cheaper at Amazon than the Beyond Talk Restore there.

Phone
    HTC_One_(M8)_WP, Lumia_830, HTC_816_Phablet
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, AT&T_GP, VM
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Virgin Mobile HTC WFS: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29703/27.1741; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by Churner
    Don't buy this one. It's the Beyond Talk version. Mine arrived yesterday and it's going back to BB today.

I think I'll order the one Soda Gong recommended. Interestingly, the PayLo M575 is $20 cheaper at Amazon than the Beyond Talk Restore there.
    That device should work on both PayLo and BT services. Did they not allow activation???

Re: Temp. out of Stock...
    Called CS @ ordering PayLo phone... they indicate additional inventory and new devices will be available on 5/31.
    Last edited by vmobi; 05-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

VZW PrePaid: $45 | VM: $20

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    That device should work on both PayLo and BT services. Did they not allow activation???
    Box was labeled that the phone is for BT accounts only. I had forgotten that even though those are the same phones, they are MEID-restricted to one or the other type of account.

Or is that no longer true?

Phone
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, AT&T_GP, VM
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Virgin Mobile HTC WFS: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29952/27.1813; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by vmobi
    Box was labeled that the phone is for BT accounts only. I had forgotten that even though those are the same phones, they are MEID-restricted to one or the other type of account.

Or is that no longer true?
    Tech support indicates that it can now be activated on both PayLo and Beyond Talk.

Last edited by vmobi; 05-24-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Phone
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, AT&T_GP, VM
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Virgin Mobile HTC WFS: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29952/27.1813; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

The LG Rumor 2 can also be activated on PayLo and is available for $49 from VM USA.
    Last edited by vmobi; 05-24-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Tech support indicates that it can now be activated on both PayLo and Beyond Talk.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help someone else. Guess I just wasted $20.

On the plus side, my return experience with Best Buy was surprisingly good.

Phone
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, AT&T_GP, VM
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help someone else. Guess I just wasted $20.

On the plus side, my return experience with Best Buy was surprisingly good.
    Be careful with returns @ Best Buy, I had a suprisingly unpleasant experience with them a few months ago. I returned a malfunctioning Samsung Intercept to them, and they suddenly started asking for more information. They asked me to accompany them to the Returns and Exchange counter. It was almost surreal, it felt like if a couple of KGB or Nazi SS agents were asking for "your papers". They then started asking questions and accusing me of returning too many items. "We have been tracking you..." , to be fair it was the 2nd phone I had returned to them, the 1st had been a Boost Mobile Theory, that they themselves did not have in stock, so they had to refund my money. The same problem with the Intercept, they did not have a replacement in stock so they refunded my money again. Both times I would have gladly accepted a replacement. After that adventure I am once again buying from Radio Shack and Wal-Mart... Good Bye Best Buy say hello to Circuit City when you get there...

Phones
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post

Yes, the Samsung M575 DOES work on PayLo. I had no trouble swapping my arc for the M575, and it worked immediately. I've also had the Rumor 2 on PayLo for the last 3 years. Still using it. It would be nice if all their devices worked on whatever plan you wanted though.

Phone
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, AT&T_GP, VM
    Feedback Score

Maybe Virgin Mobile will introduce the new PayLo phones before the 31st.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast