Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: AT&T avail will not send or recive picture messenges

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T avail will not send or recive picture messenges

    I have a AT&T avail (ZTE Z990) that will not send or revive picture messages using a straight talk unlocked sim card 3G data works but cant send or revive picture messages. Any idea how i can fix this problem.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    My experience is with a tmobile sim, but I had to modify the APN name to 'StraightTalk' rather than 'Straight Talk' as listed by the activation booklet. That fixed my mms problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    476
    Feedback Score
    0
    Instead of using 66.209.11.33

    Use proxy.mvno.tracfone.com in the mms proxy instead

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NorthWestern Tennessee
    Posts
    1,096
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Enter these settings all in one apn:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Name
    Straight Talk (or whatever you want)

    APN
    att.mvno

    MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com

    MMS proxy
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

    MMS port
    80

    APN type
    default,supl,mms
    -------------------------------------------------
    Leave the other fields as they are originally.
    These settings work perfectly on mine.

    Edit:
    I have the ATT BYOD sim card
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 05-22-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437P 4G LTE on the $60 GoPhone Plan
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437P 4G LTE on the $45 GoPhone Plan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Enter these settings all in one apn:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Name
    Straight Talk (or whatever you want)

    APN
    att.mvno

    MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com

    MMS proxy
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

    MMS port
    80

    APN type
    default,supl,mms
    -------------------------------------------------
    Leave the other fields as they are originally.
    These settings work perfectly on mine.

    Edit:
    I have the ATT BYOD sim card

    I tried to settings and still does not work. It's stuck on sending With a picture of an envelope With a clock on it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NorthWestern Tennessee
    Posts
    1,096
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John Chambers View Post
    I tried to settings and still does not work. It's stuck on sending With a picture of an envelope With a clock on it.
    Strange.
    I am guessing it has something to do with the unlocked sim card.
    I think if I were you I would order the att sim card and transfer your number and service to it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Strange.
    I am guessing it has something to do with the unlocked sim card.
    I think if I were you I would order the att sim card and transfer your number and service to it.
    I'm using it on the at&t network right now with straight talk. at&t service cost more than straight talks service. the service cost an extra 20 dollars for 1 gig of data. my bill ago from 50 dollars to 75 dollars I just can't afford it. with at&t you have to pay the 50 dollars then you have to pay an additional 20 dollars for the 1 gigabyte of data plan. with straighttalk its 45 dollars and 50 dollars with taxes. it uses go phone coverage which is not that great. straight talk uses at&t post paid coverage. you get more for your money with straighttalk than at&t in my opinion. I bought the phone directly from at&t and threw away the at&t sim card and bought the unlocked straight talk sim card. it's been like this since I set it up about a month ago this is driving me crazy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    476
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John Chambers View Post
    I tried to settings and still does not work. It's stuck on sending With a picture of an envelope With a clock on it.

    On apn type dont use anything clear that out and try it again

    Sent from my MB865 using HowardForums

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaKizzle View Post
    On apn type dont use anything clear that out and try it again

    Sent from my MB865 using HowardForums
    I have tried over wifi and 3 g still nothing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    576
    Feedback Score
    0
    So if i buy a avail i dont need to unlock it i just put the straighttalk sim card in it and it will work?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NorthWestern Tennessee
    Posts
    1,096
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John Chambers View Post
    I'm using it on the at&t network right now with straight talk. at&t service cost more than straight talks service. the service cost an extra 20 dollars for 1 gig of data. my bill ago from 50 dollars to 75 dollars I just can't afford it. with at&t you have to pay the 50 dollars then you have to pay an additional 20 dollars for the 1 gigabyte of data plan. with straighttalk its 45 dollars and 50 dollars with taxes. it uses go phone coverage which is not that great. straight talk uses at&t post paid coverage. you get more for your money with straighttalk than at&t in my opinion. I bought the phone directly from at&t and threw away the at&t sim card and bought the unlocked straight talk sim card. it's been like this since I set it up about a month ago this is driving me crazy.
    You said you have the unlocked sim card...
    I'm saying get the STRAIGHT TALK AT&T sim card instead of the ST unlocked sim card.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NorthWestern Tennessee
    Posts
    1,096
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeman View Post
    So if i buy a avail i dont need to unlock it i just put the straighttalk sim card in it and it will work?
    Correct.
    Get the Straight Talk AT&T sim card.

Similar Threads

  1. rogers phones will not send txts using my sim?
    By menace_to_soc in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 10:29 PM
  2. E 700 Samsung MMS will not send
    By TERRAPIN in forum Samsung
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 04:33 AM
  3. HELP!!! V600 Will Not Send Text Msgs!!!
    By eufonik in forum Motorola
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 01:49 AM
  4. 6820 will not send text HELP please!
    By helloboo in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
  5. My R520 will not send SMS now??
    By Pinky in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 08:19 PM

Bookmarks