Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score

Tracfone LG 505C now available

Finally, for $90 direct from Tracfone.

T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Finally, for $90 direct from Tracfone.
    YEAAAAAHH!!!!!

Now, what about the Samsung S390G WiFi phone? Hurry hurry hurry!

Feedback Score
    I ordered it just now. Missed the 3 pm cutoff for next day delivery (boo hoo) so will have to wait until Friday.

I went through bigcrumbs. 21% off, but it links to offers.tracfone.com, not the regular Shop Phones page. I linked within tracfone to the regular page and got to the LG 505C. We'll see if the 21% applies to the regular phones or just to the ones they are clearancing on offers.net10.com.

With the 21% it comes to about $79 including sales tax and shipping (free). BigCrumbs now pays directly to a Mastercard prepaid debit card. No more going through PayPal. Never used the card before. We'll see how well that payment method works.

Will report back.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    I also just ordered one. I was going to wait, but I've waited over 6 months for the phone to drop, so i'm not waiting any longer.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to reviews from you guys. I'm not a fan of resistive screens so I'm sticking to my R455c which I really like. So nice to see some choices on the CDMA side of things!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Toyota | let's go places

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    Hello, and thank you for letting us know about the LG 505C. I am one of those who has been waiting with high hopes for this phone. But now that it is finally here, Annepani mentioned the Samsung S390G. So of course, I had to research it, and now I am torn. Hopefully someone here can help me decide. I apologize for the questions, I have not previously owned a Tracfone.

*Does the 505C have a 3.5mm headphone jack? The S390G user manual specifically points it out, but the 505C does not.

*Do either of these phones have GPS enabled? Or can they be through downloading an app/program?

*And speaking of downloading, can either of these phones download photos directly to a laptop through their USB port? Or is the SD card the only way to do that?

*What are the screen sizes of these phones?

*Newbie question, with the S390G, one can surf the internet without time/URL limitations via Wi-Fi? But if Wi-Fi is not available, one must use their minutes to connect via Tracfone, and have their URL access restricted by the Tracfone portal?

*Last question (assuming the S390G is soon available), which would you purchase and why?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Hi springoflife. I get the LG 505c tomorrow and then I can answer your questions about headset jack and so on.

Phones
    Samsung regular cell
    Samsung ???
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Question Tracfone LG 505C - Is this a smart phone or not?

Novice to smart phones here. I currently use (since 2009) a regular cell phone with browser access, however it is rudimentary and extremely expensive to use so I don't use it. I can look at a webpage and read my Email, but I can't send out or input anything.

1. Is the Tracfone LG 505C a smart phone? [I've found some indication via Google search that it is not.]

2. If yes, does it use 3G or 4G (novice here)?

3. For this phone, does Tracfone charge by minutes for browser use? Are they the same minutes as talk minutes or does it just take more talk minutes to use the browser?

4. What is the difference between SMS texts and sending texts other ways, um, like by Email or others ...(?)

Possibly dumb questions I know, but this is where I'm at.

Feedback Score
    Hi smartphonenovic.

The LG 505c is not a smartphone. It is referred to as a "feature phone." Tracfone does not have any smartphones.

Questions 3 and 4 are not specific to the LG 505c. They are the same for all of Tracfone. You are really just asking how does Tracfone charge for minutes used.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Resistive touch...ugh.

I like a good QWERTY slider but at $89 (even factoring in TMFL say $30) too much for this phone. IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    Resistive touch...ugh. I like a good QWERTY slider but at $89 (even factoring in TMFL say $30) too much for this phone. IMHO.
    The LG 505c is about the same as the LG Rumor Touch that Virgin Mobile had a couple of years ago for about $70. At that time considering the state of the industry it was a good phone for a good price.

Even though it is two years behind and more expensive than many prepaid androids currently available, it is the best that Tracfone offers right now so I'm opting for it. And when the S390g with WiFi is released, I will try that too.

With Tracfone, it is a matter of clawing your way into the present, rung by rung.

Feedback Score
    I also just ordered one. I was going to wait, but I've waited over 6 months for the phone to drop, so i'm not waiting any longer.
    Hey Sweep. Are you going to do an unboxing video for youtube? I would do one but I don't know how and anyway I don't think I could restrain myself to do it slowly enough to be interesting to watch. It would be more like just watching a blur.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    With Tracfone, it is a matter of clawing your way into the present, rung by rung.
    You got that right, I'm just not willing to keep shelling out for such mediocre incremental advances. My trusty "old" LG 290C is doing great.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Hey Sweep. Are you going to do an unboxing video for youtube? I would do one but I don't know how and anyway I don't think I could restrain myself to do it slowly enough to be interesting to watch. It would be more like just watching a blur.
    I sure would like to, if it happens to arrive today. It left Memphis a couple of hours ago, and I am in Springfield, VT. Says it’s supposed to get here by 4:30 today, but I am having my doubts right now.

Feedback Score
    I sure would like to, if it happens to arrive today. It left Memphis a couple of hours ago, and I am in Springfield, VT. Says it’s supposed to get here by 4:30 today, but I am having my doubts right now.
    Mine is due at 3:00 pm and they are usually on time.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast