2 - I connected the phone to a pc via a Samsung USB data/charging cable. Windows saw the card and seemed to transfer a photo but it didn't. I don't know why it didn't work but I know it was a good cable.
3 - There is no browser button. The browser is an app on the second screen and you can drag and drop the widget onto the home screen if you want.
4 - I don't know how to post pictures to HoFo. If someone tells me how, I will do it.
5 - I haven't tried the mp3 player.
By the way, I think it takes a 16GB microSD card.
Whoops, almost forgot. The phone is fat. Heavy, too. It is a slider/qwerty, after all, so face it -- it's fat and heavy.
Does this phone correct the problem with auto lock popping up during voicemail like the lg800g? The problem with voicemail is you need to access the dial pad and the auto lock screen keeps popping up and getting in your way. If I knew ahead of time of this I would have never bought the lg800g. So did they correct this design flaw with the LG505C? Also is the touch screen more responsive than the lg800g?
To add pictures to the forum:
1. Use this website for quick uploads: http://tinypic.com/
2. Browse for the image
3. Do the file type as image
4. keep resize to default
5. leave the "send it via email" uncheck
6. click UPLOAD NOW!
7. Do the captcha
8. Copy the URL that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". Make sure you copy the entire thing, or else the picture might not show.
9. Paste it in the forum
The reviews I have read on this phone say that it has a "resistive touch" screen leading me to believe that it might me more efficient to use a stylus rather than ones finger to interact with the screen effectively. Have you noticed this to be something to consider?
[QUOTE=ronser;14819782]The reviews I have read on this phone say that it has a "resistive touch" screen leading me to believe that it might me more efficient to use a stylus rather than ones finger to interact with the screen effectively. Have you noticed this to be something to consider?[/QUO
I have this phone on ST and it is a VERY good phone. The touch works great with your finger no problem. The keyboard has dedicated numbers row AND it will download wallpaper from zedge.net and save in pics with no problem which has been a problem with phones on verizon in the past.
the Lg 505c is now available to purchase on Tracfones website for $89.99
does it play youtube videos? I have found no answer to this even with the straight talk version.
The manual that I found on line is a little light on specs and features, so I have some questions:
1) Can you use the 505c to view pictures you took with the phone and show them, full screen, to friends sitting around you?
2) Likewise can you load up pictures from your computer and them show them to friends sitting around you at full screen?
3) Is there a place in "contacts" to enter the person's address besides just the phone number?
4) What's the highest res picture that it can take?
5) Can you move pictures on and off the phone with a data cable, or must you use airtime to do it?
Oh, and one other question: Can you browse the web when the phone says it's roaming or just in a "home" area?
basically this phone is Tracfone's version of the LG Cosmos Touch or the LG Rumor Touch from Sprint. It is the predecessor of the LG Extravert. It is a resistive touch screen which means you just have to press down a little harder to get a response from the screen. Once you get use to the touch screen it is really second nature.
I can tell you that the Cosmos Touch had a lot of problems. Here is a review on it http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/...-34285980.html. I can tell you now that using a stylus wont work.