Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone LG 505C now available

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know anything about a snooze feature on the alarm? I can not figure out anything & the snooze feature is something I liked about the LG 500. I posted about this on the Tracfone Facebook page & they were not much help.
    Some day I am going to have a
    ANDROID
    QWERTY
    SLIDER
    TOUCHSCREEN
    phone with voice command!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle3 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about a snooze feature on the alarm? I can not figure out anything & the snooze feature is something I liked about the LG 500. I posted about this on the Tracfone Facebook page & they were not much help.
    Tracfone Alex contacted me through Howard Forums & told me the same thing Tracfone on Facebook did. Set the alarm & THEN choose the snooze............ The problem is after you choose the time, all you have to choose from is the word"DONE". There is NO choice for minutes or even the word "SNOOZE". All you have is "SAVE" after you hit "DONE". Then your screen says "Set Time" "Repeat" & "Ringtone". If you go to repeat, your choices are DAILY, MON-FRI, WEEKENDS & SELECT DAYS. If you all could tell me where this snooze is at, I would appreciate it but I am starting to believe there is no snooze. I have done EXACTLY as they have told me.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Sparkle3,
    When the alarm goes off does it give you a choice to shut it off or snooze like my Samsung R455C does? There is no setting for the snooze on my R455C until the alarm goes off and then it says "Dismiss" and "Snooze". If you select snooze when it goes off it gives you another 5 minutes, no setting to change the length of the snooze. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    TY BobbyLee. I just found out this morning this phone is like yours. When it goes off you can select "snooze" & you get another 10 minutes. A BIG thanks to Tracfone Alex for going out of his way to help me with this issue!!!

Feedback Score
    Maybe I missed something. I have read every post in this thread, have seen references to Opera Mini but no instructions on how to install it. I have tried adding it to my micro sd card via cable from my laptop but when I look at the card through the phone it does not show up. I tried transferring via bluetooth from my laptop but the phone says unsupported file format shortly after the transfer starts. What am I doing wrong?

I love this phone! I also have the LG800G and I hate it. That will be going up on Ebay very shortly. No more accidental browser connections! One time I took the 800G out of a drawer to go somewhere and the browser was turned on. Heaven knows how many minutes were wasted before I took the phone out of the drawer.
    Last edited by jayan; 08-25-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added more info

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    jayan,

Try directly downloading it with the phone's native browser (not BT or USB).
    Make sure you get the signed version too.

It doesn't replace the native browser, just give you an alternative. It's like any other added app.

Feedback Score
    Thanks ST Dog. That worked!

I was hoping to get around using the browser minutes by downloading on my laptop then transferring to my phone, but I guess Tracfone wants you to use their minutes so they made it impossible to do that.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayan View Post
    I was hoping to get around using the browser minutes by downloading on my laptop then transferring to my phone
    You can do that with some phones and some apps.
    My LG500G world do it with every app I tried.
    My S390G will with some apps but not all (opera being one that requires the cell network).

So, try it with other apps as you go. If you try a few and none work, then the phone probably won't ever, but if others work (like games and utilities) continue to try the computer first.

Also, try moving the app from the SD card to the internal flash as that might change things.
    Phones have their individual quirks.

Feedback Score
    Here's what I tried:
    Formatted the micro SD card using the phone.
    Used a USB cable to connect phone to my laptop. Phone automatically goes into "Mass Storage" mode without any input from me.
    Laptop displays the contents of the micro SD card. Shows two folders: "Media" and "contact" which had not been there before formatting. Apparently the formatting operation puts these on the card. Opening the "Media" folder shows three sub-folders: "Music", "Other" and "Picture". None of these three has any other sub-folders or data.
    I transfer the .jar file to the "Other" folder and the laptop shows it is there.
    Exit the Mass Storage mode on the phone, then disconnect the cable.
    Touch the square blue "dice" icon, then the "Settings" icon, then the "Memory" button, then the "Card Memory" button.
    This then displays: "Memory Usage", "My Music", "My Contacts", "My Pictures"', "My Sounds" and "Move All to Phone". There are no "Media" or "Contact" folders. Where did they go?
    Tried the "Transfer all to phone" button but I get a message "No user content" I placed a .jpg photo in the "Picture" sub-folder and the phone is able to see that OK and I can make it my wallpaper.
    I'm guessing that the only way you can get apps on the phone is by using the phone browser and burning minutes. I even tried renaming the .jar extension to .txt and .jpg to see if the phone would see them but no go. As you suggested I'll keep trying to see if there is anything else I want that will work.
    Thanks for your help... sorry about the long post.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    OK, the media fold is a higher level folder the phone uses. It knows to look in the sub folders for data. (It might even find stuff in other locations too).

Just putting the JAR file on the SD car is not enough,. You have to tell the phone to install the app.

You need to use the file browser option and find the JAR file. Select it then it should install. After that you can go to the Games/Apps menu and you would see the app you installed.

I don't have that phone so I can't offer more.

Feedback Score
    Actually, I did try putting the jar file in the very first directory where the "Media" and "contact" folders are located, and, also put a copy in each of those folders but the phone still did not see the app files. I forgot to mention that in my previous post.

I will just have to keep experimenting and maybe start another thread just for owners of the Tracfone
    LG505C.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Now I know there's at least one way to get my apps!

Kudos to you!

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How does this phone compare to the Motorola EX124G in terms of using the Opera Mini browser? I've been reading the threads for all the info on the EX124G for quite a while. I really thought that would be the next Tracfone I was going to get, (upgrading from the LG290c,) as I really need a better browser capable of actually accessing web pages and most importantly GMAIL. I also want a better camera & the EX124G has a 3mp camera.

The only thing that kept making me hesitate on pulling the trigger was that the EX124G is GSM and I love Verizon. I have 2 Tracfones, both Verizon. However, since Hurricane Sandy hit my area hard & many people lost cell service, I think it would be actually prudent to have one Tracfone with Verizon & one AT&T, so that one of them may still work during the next event. So, I'm no longer married to getting a CDMA phone.

But, I was at the Verizon store recently with a friend & I was playing with various phones. I kept making too many typos with a touch screen keyboard which the EX124G has. I also didn't care for needing a stylus. I actually loved a slider QWERTY keyboard with real buttons that I had to press & was harder to press the neighboring keys by mistake, similar to the keyboard of the 505c.

But, if the browser capabilities of the 505c aren't as good as the EX124G, then I'd rather get the EX124G.

Anyone have both phones? Does Opera Mini work about the same on both? How does the camera compare?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    outstanding shopcelldeals LG505C bundle (phone new $90):
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manufacturer...E:B:SS:US:1123
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 03-13-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    BE AWARE!
    The description for the airtime part of the bundle has changed:
    BEFORE - 600 minutes/one year
    NOW - 600 minutes/90 days

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast