Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a Motorola EX124G TracFone

Feedback Score

Trying to find a Motorola EX124G TracFone

I have searched everywhere on the internet for a Motorola EX124G TracFone and can't seem to find one anywhere but EBay. Walmart has one listed, but I believe it's for StraightTalk and not TracFone. There's no specification on the page. I'd rather not buy a used phone and when I contacted TracFone's customer support I was told there weren't any in the wear house hence no buy option on their page. Does anyone have a link to anywhere that sells these things or has Motorola stopped making them since they're not even listed on their site? This forum kept popping up in my searches and you seem like a knowledgable bunch so I figured I join and ask because I'm out of options.

Phone
    Motorola Triumph
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I may be wrong but, I thought I read that any trac, net10, or straight talk gsm phones will work with trac, net10, and straight talk sim cards.
    I may be wrong.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ORDUSA View Post
    I may be wrong but, I thought I read that any trac, net10, or straight talk gsm phones will work with trac, net10, and straight talk sim cards.
    I may be wrong.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums
    Can anyone confirm this? I've found the Net10 version several places but not the tracfone. Would it still be as simple as going through tracfone's website and transferring my service from my LG 500G to the Net10 phone for use on TracFone's network? Also, for anyone who already has one, once I put my Micro SD card that has my apps from my 500G into the Motorola EX124G will they work on the Motorola EX124G?

Feedback Score
    Tracfone and Net10 have different pricing structures. The handsets are programmed to work with one or the other. You have to use Tracfone airtime on a Tracfone handset. Likewise, you have to use Net10 airtime on a Net10 handset. The system can tell if there is a mix-up and you won't get anywhere.

I don't know how the memory card will behave in another handset.

Phones
    tracfone: Motorola EX124G
    Tracfone: Motorola EX124g
    Mobal International: Nokia
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I also believe you must buy a Tracfone branded phone to use it on Tracfone phone program.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfonecruiser View Post
    I also believe you must buy a Tracfone branded phone to use it on Tracfone phone program.
    Yes, that is correct. Unlike Net10, Tracfone can only run on Tracfone phones.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Yes, that is correct. Unlike Net10, Tracfone can only run on Tracfone phones.
    And Net10 can only run on Net10 phones.

Tracfone service only works with Tracfone branded phones. Tracfone branded phones only work with Tracfone service.

Net10 service only works with Net10 branded phones. Net10 branded phones only work with Net10 service.

Straight Talk branded phones work with Straight Talk service. Some of the Straight Talk CDMA phones will work with Page Plus. I am not sure about the Straight Talk GSM phones working with other carriers, but they will not work with Tracfone or Net10.

Net10 and Straight Talk both have the new sim card program for use in your own device. These sim cards will not work in any Straight Talk, Net10 or Tracfone branded phones.

see my edit in post #10
    Last edited by jimates; 05-31-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    And Net10 can only run on Net10 phones.

Net10 service only works with Net10 branded phones.
    Not true, jimates. Net10 has introduced a modified BYOD program for non-Net10 GSM phones. So Net10 service can run on some non-Net10 phones.

You actually say this later in your post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    Some of the Straight Talk CDMA phones will work with Page Plus.
    Some Tracfone and Net10 CDMA phones will also work on Page Plus. They were doing this before there even was a Straight Talk.

The phones had to have Trac/Net10 minutes in the airtime tank in order to work on Page Plus. Expiration date didn't matter. When the minutes were depleted the phone bacame a paperweight.

joe_cell2007 was the big proponent and explainer-in-chief of this.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Not true, jimates. Net10 has introduced a modified BYOD program for non-Net10 GSM phones. So Net10 service can run on some non-Net10 phones.

You actually say this later in your post.
    That is a NEW prepaid monthly service offered by Net10 and is not the Net10 pay per minute service we speak of.
    Straight Talk and Net10 both sell the new service for BYOD, same service just paying a different company.

Even Net10"s previous monthly plans and per per minute plans did not work interchangeably on all Net10 handsets.

Since the OP was originally referencing Tracfone, which is only pay per minute, my response was for those services only.
    From now on I will try to remember to say "Prepaid Monthly" and "Pay Per Minute" to distinguish between the two.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Some Tracfone and Net10 CDMA phones will also work on Page Plus. They were doing this before there even was a Straight Talk.

The phones had to have Trac/Net10 minutes in the airtime tank in order to work on Page Plus. Expiration date didn't matter. When the minutes were depleted the phone bacame a paperweight.

joe_cell2007 was the big proponent and explainer-in-chief of this.
    joe_cell2007 is Tracnet.

Carriers
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Refreshing the topic since I saw this on Tracfone's website for $29.99, the Motorola EX124G (Reconditioned) + 60 Min Card included - It looks nice enuf, the mins included, and the price is tempting. I know there's been varying feedback on this phone, so I thought I'd ask around again on your opinions nowadays to get a fresh perspective. Thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    lrtranscripts,

Why do you want an EX124G and not a newer model phone, more easily available Tracfone?
    Cheers!

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.0.29950/28.2443; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

I would also pose the question, with the three or four phones available with TMFL, is anyone getting anything else?

Carriers
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    lrtranscripts,

Why do you want an EX124G and not a newer model phone, more easily available Tracfone?
    True, im an old phone junkie, mainly because I'm cheap, but i also shop varieties as backups for my kids, gifts, etc....phones are like toys, to me, too Maybe i should be on "my strange addiction"? LOL... Anyway, i read not a good idea, so no matter how cheap it is, forget it - too many negatives i've read about this phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast